cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number?

AnnaleeWinter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I want to leave my existing provider and switch to public mobile, can I request my current phone number be “ported” out??

4 REPLIES 4

@AnnaleeWinter wrote:

I mean can public mobile port my number out (sorry...I obviously don’t understand this terminology)

@AnnaleeWinter  Yes, just activate your PM sim with a temp number setup your online selfservre account. Once that is done login to your account select the change phone number option and enter the details from your previous provider like account#, name on account and phone number and wait. Once your transfer is complete your account from the previous provider will automatically close.

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes... I had my existing number with Telus ported over to PM. You may want to confirm with your existing carrier that your phone is unlocked, but do not tell them you’re canceling your service... that will happen after the number is ported 

@AnnaleeWinter yes absolutely either during your sign up or take a temp number and check that all is working and then port in

AnnaleeWinter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I mean can public mobile port my number out (sorry...I obviously don’t understand this terminology)

Need Help? Let's chat.