cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Klc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up my new account and had picked a number from the list and it worked great, than I decided to try to change it to my old number and it froze half way through submission but it had all the information, so I refreshed it, than it took me back to the original page to change your number, so I tried again, this time it said I could not change to that number, now I have no phone number? The old one that I originally had is no longer in service and the new number I tried to change to is not in service? Does it take time to port the number? My phone still has data and says public mobile in the top left? I tried to change to a number from the list just to see but it said number change failed? Is it because it’s still trying to port? Or did I mess something up?

2 REPLIES 2

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Klc wrote:

I set up my new account and had picked a number from the list and it worked great, than I decided to try to change it to my old number and it froze half way through submission but it had all the information, so I refreshed it, than it took me back to the original page to change your number, so I tried again, this time it said I could not change to that number, now I have no phone number? The old one that I originally had is no longer in service and the new number I tried to change to is not in service? Does it take time to port the number? My phone still has data and says public mobile in the top left? I tried to change to a number from the list just to see but it said number change failed? Is it because it’s still trying to port? Or did I mess something up?

The same thing happened to me. I was pretty much stuck in the middle.

If you're trying to transfer your number from your old provider, message @CS_Agent.

Include:

Public Mobile Account Number

Public Mobile SIM Card Number

Original Public Mobile Phone Number

Public Mobile PIN

Old Provider Account Number

Old Provider PIN

Old Provider Phone Number (Your desired number)

They should get back between 24-72 hours. Ensure to send a detailed private message to speed up your process!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

You selected a new number on activation.  Great.  It was working.  Even better. You should have stopped there.

Was your 'old' number still active elsewhere?  If not, this is the problem.  You can only port in ACTIVE phone numbers. If it was active, then there's a chance it was stuck.  If you're in this situation, you'll need to contact the Moderator_Team via private message, with the full details of what's happened.

Ports are not always immediate, cellular can be 15 minutes to 4 hours for a normal porting.  If longer, usually, information needs to be corrected and resubmitted.  Landline and VoIP services take days by default.

Self Serve number changes are only allowed every 30 days.  So, you'll still need to contact the Moderator_Team.

Need Help? Let's chat.