cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

johncharleskerr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new phone and the SIM card I needed was a micro SIM card. I bought a new public mobile SIM card but am having trouble figuring out how to activate my new SIM card so that I can keep my old phone number. 

5 REPLIES 5

Starshoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To activate your SIM card, go here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

If you have a referral code, you can get $10 credit as well.

@johncharleskerr wrote:

@JoyLuck the phone is compatible and I have been a public mobile customer for a long time so I already have an account and a number but I just want to activate my new SIM card so that all my existing data is on the new SIM card (such as my phone number) 

The PM sims are triple punch outs.

Going from Standard size sim to Micro - just punch the correct size out
Going from Nano size to Micro - buy a sim adapter or punch out the new sim and use the adapter on your old one.

You can then save the new sim for a friend/family member.

Edit: Most mobile stores will give you the sim adapter free of charge.

johncharleskerr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@JoyLuck the phone is compatible and I have been a public mobile customer for a long time so I already have an account and a number but I just want to activate my new SIM card so that all my existing data is on the new SIM card (such as my phone number) 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Are you with PM already? Log into self service:

simm.jpg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@johncharleskerr wrote:

I bought a new phone and the SIM card I needed was a micro SIM card. I bought a new public mobile SIM card but am having trouble figuring out how to activate my new SIM card so that I can keep my old phone number. 

@johncharleskerr   Make sure your phone is compatible with Telus/Bell network and unlocked and then fill in the information using this link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

Welcome to PM 😊

Edit:  After reading @JoyLuck's response, maybe you're just asking about changing SIMs which Joyluck has nicely illustrated for you.  I think I need more coffee! 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.