cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer from speakout 7-eleven

le0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! 

I signed up for public mobile about two weeks ago and transferred my phone number from speakout 7-eleven. The problem that occured is, that speakout doesn't assign account numbers, they only use the phone number to keep track of their users. 

I am still not receiving calls and texts on my public mobile SIM card.

How should I continue from here?

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Edit: I didn't notice that I wasn't recieving calls and text until recently. 

12 REPLIES 12

Marla94

Hello!

I just went through this exact thing.

Soeakout account number is your phone number, you can figure out your IMEI by calling speakout ot by dialing *#06# on your phone and your 4 digit pin is required as well (if you forgot it, call soeakout and they will give it to you). I initially wne through the process only filling in my account number and my number didnt fully port over and I wasnt able to receive calls. If you have any issues, contact the public mobile moderators ASAP 🙂

JNBY2020

You can aslo display the IMEI number on the screen of your mobile phone by typing

*#06# into the keypad.

I have tried already and got the IMEI number.

pgermaine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oops, ok. I was a bit too eager ;D

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgermaine wrote:

You will need to contact a moderator. Create an account on the Public Mobile community website. Click on the envelope  to create a new private message. Then provide your IMEI number and PIN number from your Speakout account. 

@pgermaine 

Good of you to jump in and start participating. But this thread is a year old and has been marked as solved. When you first scroll into the thread you'll see the big green bar saying solved and a link to the solution.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

pgermaine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will need to contact a moderator. Create an account on the Public Mobile community website. Click on the envelope  to create a new private message. Then provide your IMEI number and PIN number from your Speakout account. 

@jaiyadur wrote:

I just ported from speakout  to publicmobile. I put phone number as my account number , imei, pin:xxxx , old tp# and notes saying i don't have account number and pin. it was sucesssful porting.

I'm shocked that Speakout approved that phone number porting request.  The number poritng rules only require you to provide one of those pieces of information, so if you don't have or know some of it, a customer should never guess or use incorrect information.  In most cases of number porting, the correct IMEI should be sufficient for most carriers, but purposely including an account number and PIN number that you know doesn't match that of that count should have cause the Speakout system to automatically reject your request.  But, I'm happy you were able to transfer over easily to Public Mobile.

jaiyadur

I just ported from speakout  to publicmobile. I put phone number as my account number , imei, pin:xxxx, old tp# and notes saying i don't have account number and pin. it was sucesssful porting.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@le0 the account number is your phone number as 7-11 does not use anything else

But using IMEI is the best way to transfer from 7-11 since it always works and you do not need to contact them directly

Simply pop SIM into your phone if it has not been used in a while

Make sure to place a call (register the IMEI on network, in case it has been a while or you used a new phone) then give IMEI to Public to transfer

There should be account number in speakout.

Try to test if your speakout phone still work, if so, it is a faile port. contact mod to fix is the only way.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@le0you will need to conatact the mods to help you out.  i am sure if you explain what is happeing they will offer you some ideas. 

YOur speakout number will still need to be active to complet ethe port and if you put your ld sim in a phone you shoudl be able to recieve calls on it.

soes speakout have a customer service number you can call and ask for teh account number?  tat is what i had to do with chatr.

just in case:

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

@le0 wrote:

Hi there! 

I signed up for public mobile about two weeks ago and transferred my phone number from speakout 7-eleven. The problem that occured is, that speakout doesn't assign account numbers, they only use the phone number to keep track of their users. 

I am still not receiving calls and texts on my public mobile SIM card.

How should I continue from here?

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Edit: I didn't notice that I wasn't recieving calls and text until recently. 

If the an account number isn't available, there are other pieces of information that can be accepted for confirming a number port. 

From https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#4 , the official rules say that you can use "your account number; your password /PIN; or your phone’s ESN/IMEI numbers".  In most cases, only one of those is needed.

Need Help? Let's chat.