cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer asks for PIN?

jH35Fy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to set up an account and transfer my old phone number, but the system asks for a PIN. Is it asking for the confidential PIN from the previous service provider? If so, I'm informed that one should never share the PIN with any other individual or organization. So why does Public Mobile ask for the PIN?

7 REPLIES 7

@jH35Fy wrote:

Yes, I am sure. It's not asking to create a new PIN. It is in a specific question box for the phone transfer along other questions regarding the previous service provider: old number account, MEID, NIP, alternative phone number, additional notes, and name for the authorization. There's also a check-box "I am authorized to transfer this number".

As from earlier, you only need to provide one fo those  However, I will say that when transfering a phone number to Public Mobile, there are no circumstances that PIN should ever be used.

jH35Fy

Yes, I am sure. It's not asking to create a new PIN. It is in a specific question box for the phone transfer along other questions regarding the previous service provider: old number account, MEID, NIP, alternative phone number, additional notes, and name for the authorization. There's also a check-box "I am authorized to transfer this number".

jH35Fy

Ok so I guess it is optional. Won't provide then. Thanks.

jH35Fy

With Rogers. Ok so I guess it is optional. Won't provide then.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

you sure it is not PM asking you to create a new PIN for phone access for PM ?  there should be a step in the account setup for setting up a new PM pin.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jH35Fy , the required ID information is OR.  No need to fill in every field.  It is best to use account number where available.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jH35Fy wrote:

Trying to set up an account and transfer my old phone number, but the system asks for a PIN. Is it asking for the confidential PIN from the previous service provider? If so, I'm informed that one should never share the PIN with any other individual or organization. So why does Public Mobile ask for the NIP?

@jH35Fy You should be able to provide the account number and name on the account. Who are you with?

Need Help? Let's chat.