cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer and "plan Expired"

connormac1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am new to public mobile and I am super confused.
First off, I had to transfer my phone number from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile. This number does not work now when people call me. How do I know if or when my phone number has been transferred?

My second question is my account currently says "plan expired". I set up my account and it orginally charged my credit cared $0. So I paid the money on the plan to activate it. But it still says plan expired. So I have no idea if my plan is working? On the $25 plan

Ive put the sim card and everything in but can't use my services yet, so if anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

connormac1

So far it is still not working! Had to contact a moderator and they are working on fixing the problem. Although my plan does say its active now, so thats progress! Just can't recieve phone calls. 

@connormac1  And if you're so inclined, please come back and update the thread, and let us know whether or not it starts working.

My phone started working on PM, after a port from Lucky(like Virgin, another Bell subsidiary), after about 2.5 hrs., and what finally got it completely working properly, was a simple reboot of the phone, with the PM SIM in it.

connormac1

Thank you! I will give it a try

@connormac1 Good info. As 611 was ok you are, at least, able to connect to the network. You should also be able to make calls, send texts and use data if your account has been properly provisioned. If true, you just need to wait a bit for the transfer to finish. My recollection is that any "success" message only confirms you have requested a port-in; the transfer has succeeded when you can receive calls/texts on your Virgin number with the PM SIM installed.

If no services work, or the transfer has not completed within 2 hours, follow the earlier suggestions to submit a ticket.

Welcome to PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@connormac1  porting  from another cellphone provider typically take 2.5 hours to complete. Put your virgin SIM back into your and use it until it ceases to receive calls and send messages. Your port will be complete. Did you receive a Welcome email from PM when you set up your self service account?  Is the $25 showing as a credit in your account ? If it is, you need to use the reactivate account option to apply the $25 payment.

If this fails, contact a moderator and ask them to apply the payment for you . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket) .Or contact them directly through this private message link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@connormac1 wrote:

Hello, I am new to public mobile and I am super confused.
First off, I had to transfer my phone number from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile. This number does not work now when people call me. How do I know if or when my phone number has been transferred?

My second question is my account currently says "plan expired". I set up my account and it orginally charged my credit cared $0. So I paid the money on the plan to activate it. But it still says plan expired. So I have no idea if my plan is working? On the $25 plan

Ive put the sim card and everything in but can't use my services yet, so if anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks. 

connormac1

I have an Iphone 7, I will give it longer to see if it is just a delay? Will I be notified when the phone transfer has been active?

I can call the 611 number with the new SIM card and when I restart my phone no message appears. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@connormac1 

a) Likely your transfer from Virgin is delayed; try your Virgin SIM to see if it still works.

b) Reboot your phone with the PM SIM installed and report the exact message that appears on your phone.

c) See if you can call 611 with the PM SIM installed

d) What is make/model of your phone?

Report the results for more detailed help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.