cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not recognized

Adelhosseini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm using public mobile for a couple of days. When I want to enter my number in my google account the phone number not recognized and it said "please insert a valid number".

I also have problems with my paypal account. The couldn't receive confirmation message when i put my phone number.

can enyone help me please?

12 REPLIES 12

@AmaMasxw1 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem with my numbers as well VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Which area code? Do you also have a number in the previously suspected 672 area code?

If so, if you can provide a hint as to your area there may be other cities in the same local calling area we might be able to help you find a number from one of the "older" area codes...

AmaMasxw1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having rhe exact same problem with my numbers as well VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Adelhosseini

If your number's area code is 672, the fastest resolution for you is to change your number.

I had the same problem and I change my number to 236 area code and all problem resolved.

You can change your number online, use your self serve account and after changing your number restart tour phone.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic  a écrit :

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Adelhosseini wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply.

what about paypal confirmation message?

I don't think 

Works for me. 🙂

PayPal verification texts works also for me.

@kurtivan-03  Did you port your number over from another provider when you signed up with PM? If yes, then you need to wait for at least 48 hours before 2FA will work again. This is a security measure that some firms have implemented to protect against SIMjacking.

@kurtivan-03 wrote:

I'm using public mobile for a couple of days. When I want to enter my number in my google account the phone number not recognized and it said "please insert a valid number".

I also have problems with my CIBC account also.  I couldn't receive confirmation message when i put my phone number.

672 area code by chance?

Regardless of the area code. You'd have to contact the companies you're having issues with. They need to update there system database with the area code.

kurtivan-03

I also have problems with my CIBC account also.  I couldn't receive confirmation message when i put my phone number.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Adelhosseini wrote:

I don't think Paypal verification texts work at Public.

Works for me. 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Adelhosseini wrote:

I also have problems with my paypal account. The couldn't receive confirmation message when i put my phone number.

@Adelhosseini  Since you just ported your number from another provider you need to wait for 48 hours before 2FA will work again 

@Adelhosseini wrote:

I don't think Paypal verification texts work at Public.

Adelhosseini

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Adelhosseini wrote:

Only Google can help. They don't have all proper numbers programmed in. You can also change number to a different number and area code but you'll lose current number.

Need Help? Let's chat.