cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not in service

Caleb123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I just signed up for PM and we can make outgoing calls but if anyone calls they get "this number is not in servicd" we transferred out numbers from a calling APP when we made the accounts and we can send and receive texts inside Canada but not from the dates even tho we have international texting. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

9 REPLIES 9

Caleb123

Textme aandI think I figured it out not sure but mods are looking into it

@Helpershelper wrote:

It’s usually a max 2-hour wait for numbers to transfer, but mine are always instant when I transfer them. Just to be safe, you can contact your old provider to let them know you’ve ported over to PM.

There is no need to contact the old provider to inform them of a completed number port. The old carrier would already know as they're the ones who would have approved it.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It’s usually a max 2-hour wait for numbers to transfer, but mine are always instant when I transfer them. Just to be safe, you can contact your old provider to let them know you’ve ported over to PM.

@popping 

Thanks i thought APP might be a typo.

@Caleb123 

Contact the moderstors for temporary numbers while you wait for porting completion. If you have temp numbers you may want to put one on hold so one phone has full-service while the other waits and once ported you can request then second # to be ported.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Caleb123 wrote:

My wife and I just signed up for PM and we can make outgoing calls but if anyone calls they get "this number is not in servicd" we transferred out numbers from a calling APP when we made the accounts and we can send and receive texts inside Canada but not from the dates even tho we have international texting. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Which calling VoIP app you are porting your number from?

Expect to take up to 1 week or more to get that provider to release your number to PM.  It is similar to porting landline.  It takes time.

FYI:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days. https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. 

@Caleb123 

Phone number porting from a mobile service provider takes 2 to 3 hours. Porting from landlines, internet providers and sites like number barn can take up to 7 days and sometimes longer. Use your old providers sim card for service until it stops working then you will know your port is complete. If after 3 hours your old service is still active then your port may be stuck (did you have porting protection ? You may need to release it.) Contact the moderators to have them complete the port. Include the following;

1. Your pm account email, phone #, pin#, name and address on account.
  2. Your old providers account#, phone # to be provided and name on account.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Expect at least a 2 to 8 hour wait time ( up to 48 hours.) Port requests are generally treated as urgent so a lesser wait time normally.

It most certainly could happen quicker. Alternatively I think you could probably get a temp number and then ask the moderators to port in your old number. Contact the moderators, explain what you would like to do and see if they can help. Or just wait it out.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Caleb123

Thanks bro it sounded like it takes 48 hours 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Caleb123 If you ported your number form other than a cell provider it can take up to a week for the port to complete. In the meantime, you should be able to continue using your old service. Once it stops the port is complete and you can insert and use PM sim. Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.