cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number issue

kiroda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After cancelling my previous carrier and joining Public Mobile I am not able to port my phone number. I received a text from PM asking me to click "contact us" ... I'm not able to find that button to click. Help please 

6 REPLIES 6

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kiroda wrote:

After cancelling my previous carrier and joining Public Mobile I am not able to port my phone number. I received a text from PM asking me to click "contact us" ... I'm not able to find that button to click. Help please 

Don't contact Public yet. They can't fix it until you reactivate by talking to the old carrier. The old provider might make you pay for a month if prepaid or a day if postpaid.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Only moderators can resolve this issue. Click ? or envelope icon, top right of page, to private message them.

@kiroda   Please follow @geopublic  and @ChuckYeah  advice and contact the moderators. I was corrected by someone that all is not lost when cancelling your previous providers account before porting your number out depending on which provider and when?? Please provide that info and I can look for what options you have while you wait for a moderator to respond but calling them to start....but you may need the right dept...etc...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kiroda wrote:

@kiroda  As mentioned in order to port in your number your account with your previous provider need to remain active. Once the port completes the your account with your previous provider will automatically get cancelled.

To contact Public Mobile do the following:

stpm-new.png

To contact Public Mobile, create a support ticket.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Spoiler
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@kiroda Unfortunately, when you closed your account your number was lost. You could try and call your old provider and see if they can intercept it before it gets taken by someone else. If your account was open when you ported your number, you need to contact @CS_Agent as below.

Need Help? Let's chat.