cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number is half way transfered to PM?

trevorbbb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I'm new to MP, I signed up and transfered my old phone number over a day or two ago, I popped in the new sim card, made a call to my wife to see if it worked, and it did, so I thought my work here was done.

Today I got an email saying that I haven't been answering my phone, I checked and I haven't got any calls, then I figured out through some troubleshooting that I wasn't able to send or receive texts from many of my friends. The weird part is that it does work for some of my friends. And some friends I can call, but can't text, it's very strange.

I just popped in my old sim card (speak out) and I had a bunch of old messages in there, some send 24 hours after I transferred my number.

It seems that I'm halfway stuck between carriers?

I got two texts on my old sim card from PM:

1)"We're having trouble  transferring your number, looks like the information collected was incorrect someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided..."

2)"We're working on your request to transfer your number to us. We'll let you know how it goes"

Now I don't know if they are working on it, or if they are trying to contact me, or even what sim card I should leave in my phone so that I can be contacted because both work for some things.

And I've tried all the obvious stuff, off an on, report lost and restart sim, etc.

HELP.

5 REPLIES 5

@Nezgar wrote:

@trevorbbb 

From what I've read, SpeakOut (and PetroCan) doesn't have account numbers. For their internal reference they use the 10-digit phone number. However, putting anything into the account number field can mess up the port request.

Use Phone Number + Name on old account + IMEI + SpeakOut 4 digit PIN

You can obtain your IMEI by dialing this on your phone: *#06#

There really shouldn't be a need for the old carrier PIN.  Soon, the porting form won't accept PIN anyway.

@trevorbbb 

From what I've read, SpeakOut (and PetroCan) doesn't have account numbers. For their internal reference they use the 10-digit phone number. However, putting anything into the account number field can mess up the port request.

Use Phone Number + Name on old account + IMEI + SpeakOut 4 digit PIN

You can obtain your IMEI by dialing this on your phone: *#06#

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@trevorbbb 

Not stuck between carriers. The transfer didn't happen yet or there's a problem. The number's still at Speakout. You need your Speakout phone IMEI so mods can try again after you open the ticket.

@RossN FYI: to confirm ticket submission I had to look in my SENT box!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@trevorbbb hi you may have a stuck port click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention stuck port  check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours in the meantime you will have to  continue to use both 

Need Help? Let's chat.