cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number activation

smicolo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently went from chatr to public mobile and my old number that I transferred shows up on my account, but I’m unable to receive any messages or calls. When someone tries to call me it says the number is not activated. I am however able to make phone calls and send messages. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Dunkman wrote:

@smicolo 

When did you port over from Chatr?  if it has been over a few hours since port, it looks like that your port is stuck.  You will need to contact moderator as described above.  You can continue to use your Chatr SIM card in the meantime if you need to.  It still should be working.  

I don't think that the Chtar account is working because smicolo said that people calling hear a message about the phone number being inactive.  If Chatr was working, the incoming calls should go to Chatr voicemail.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smicolo wrote:

I recently went from chatr to public mobile and my old number that I transferred shows up on my account, but I’m unable to receive any messages or calls. When someone tries to call me it says the number is not activated. I am however able to make phone calls and send messages. 

You need your Chatr account number in order to port your number to PM.  Chatr online does not give you your account number.

Did you call Chatr to get your Chatr account number?

If not, call Chatr to get the account number and provide the following info to moderator.

- Chatr account number

- Chatr number to be ported

- Name on your Chatr account.

Good luck

FYI: Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@smicolo 

When did you port over from Chatr?  if it has been over a few hours since port, it looks like that your port is stuck.  You will need to contact moderator as described above.  You can continue to use your Chatr SIM card in the meantime if you need to.  It still should be working.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try turning off your phone and turn it back on.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.