Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number I chose gets too many collection calls Need to change no

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help me to get my 647xxxxxxx to new no

12 REPLIES 12

@krzcnck wrote:

you can block the calls on your phone

From the experience I mentioned earlier they constantly were using different numbers...probably to avoid being blocked! That is why I gave up and finally answered. Was definitely the best thing to do in my opinion.

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can block the calls on your phone

thapager
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Download ‘truecaller’. It’s the best app ever. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@6478582041 wrote:

I was having this same problem for a few months when I got my present number. So finally I answered the calls. He asked a few questions, I told him when I got the phone and he said he would remove the number. Haven't had a call since, from any collection services. So I believe the number was in a datbase and he did actually remove it.

@srlawren wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Also, this is a public forum where anyone can see your message, so you should not post personal details like phone number here.

@SD08 while I agree with this usually, it's a bit of a moot point when your username is @6478582041 ....  LOL

D'oh!

I get phone calls from collection agencies all the time.  I have no desire to change my phone number since I've had it for so long.  Theese guys will call every single weekday just because I know a couple of people who do owe some debts. 

You can try to actually call them back and tell these collections agencies that you aren't the person that they are looking for.  This can sometimes work, but my experiences have almost always been that they will ignore this and keep calling anyway. 

If you are the person who actually owes the debt and the collection call is legitimate, I believe that it is within your right to tell them that you refuse to speak to them on the phone and that any further communication must be done in writing.  But honestly, good luck at that because it can be difficult to get collections agencies to actually give up.

In the end, it may be just easier to ignore them, especially if you don't want to change your number.  Most phone these days allow you to send all calls from a specified phone number directly to voicemail.  In addition, there are apps out there that can answer the call and hang up on them, but my experiences have been that all of these apps still allow these calls to come through for at least one ring before answering and disconnecting.

The problem is if you actually owe, changing the phone number may not always stop these calls.  After you've used a phone number for a while, the collecitions agencies may find out your new number eventually.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@6478582041 wrote:

You might also want to report collection calls to CAFC at http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index-eng.htm.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Also, this is a public forum where anyone can see your message, so you should not post personal details like phone number here.

@SD08 while I agree with this usually, it's a bit of a moot point when your username is @6478582041 ....  LOL

@srlawren

Yeah, I realized that afterward.  lol

But it's still worth pointing out to OP and other readers for future reference.  In case, you know, they decide to make another username with their new phone number, haha.

srlawren

@SD08 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kevk53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sign in and go to plan and add on and change your phone number.

SD08

You can change your phone number yourself by going into your self-serve account.  You can change your number once every 30 days.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@6478582041 wrote:

Please help me to get my 6478582041 to new no

All you need to do is login to your selfserve and on the overview page on the right hand side there is an option to change your number.  Click that link and you can pick a new number.  You are only allowed 1 number change per 30 days.  Initial setup doesn't count as a number change.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.