cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Judelina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey my phone will not work text or calling in or out. I paid my bill today I have reset my phone said it was lost and found I’ve tried everything what can I do

16 REPLIES 16

john_hussey21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go-to. 
Settings go to the bottom and hit reset then your going to hit reset Network Settings. 

@Judelina 

You should be able to change plans with suspended status.  Public mobile did recently change that policy.  It is a two step process.  Not sure if you followed the instructions in the following thread.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

You might also try to manually load $1 to your balance.  Sometimes that resets the re-activation process.  You already tried the lost/stolen phone trick.  

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oops, as @Dunkman mentions, the thread I linked to is old (from 2017) and may no longer apply. 

@Judelina, found this post from Oracle @ShawnC13 , that seems to explain what's happening. Since the account was in suspended status and plan changed during that time...click the linke and have a read through.  You'll have to contact the mods for this one.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/I-change-my-plan-and-paid-but-not-worki...

Judelina

@Pizzaeh 

Hi @Judelina, are you a new customer?no customer since December

Did you port in a number from another carrier?no

Are you on autopay?yes

Did you change plans recently?yes 

When is your renewal date?april 18 now

When was the last time you were able to make a call or send a text message?the 16th couldn’t pay bill till today

Judelina

@Anonymous plan is 25 plan with unlimited Canada calling and unlimited international text and 500 mb data

Judelina

@Pizzaeh 

Did you recently change to that plan? Yes today
When is your renewal date?   It will show the date when you log into your account. Renewal was suppose to be on 17 but didn’t have money till today and I changed it today to the new plan I was on 40 plan with more data but wasn’t using it so I changed

When was the last time you were able to make a call or send a text message? The 16 when my plan was active 

Same phone, or different/new phone? Same phone 

Judelina

@john_hussey21 @I think I just did I have an iphone5s clicked on cellular the. Cellular network data and then Reset settings is this what you are referring to

Pizzaeh

@Judelina wrote:

@Anonymous i am on the 25 plan unlimited Canada wide callin 500 mb data and unlimited international text and account shows active 

Alright, so your cell service was working before.

Did you recently change to that plan?
When is your renewal date?   It will show the date when you log into your account.

When was the last time you were able to make a call or send a text message?

Same phone, or different/new phone?

Judelina

@Anonymous i am on the 25 plan unlimited Canada wide callin 500 mb data and unlimited international text and account shows active 

Judelina

@sunflowershine @No I am not and I tried putting it on and then taking it off agaib

Pizzaeh

@Judelina wrote:

Hey my phone will not work text or calling in or out. I paid my bill today I have reset my phone said it was lost and found I’ve tried everything what can I do

Hi @Judelina, are you a new customer?  Did you port in a number from another carrier?

Are you on autopay?

Did you change plans recently?

When is your renewal date?

When was the last time you were able to make a call or send a text message?

Judelina

@duffer900 it says I don’t have a long distance plan add on so I tried putting a 1 same thing but I have the 25 plan that included all Canada and I am calling a local number when someone calls me it goes to voicemail and I can’t check voicemail when I text it doesn’t give me an error says it goes through but they aren’t going through or coming in

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Lots of great suggestions and questions already.

Are you getting an error trying to text and make calls? Are you seeing public mobile as your network? Account look fine in your self care?

john_hussey21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile Support Member:

Hi, what is the type of your phone? did you try going into your phone and hit network setting reset? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judelina wrote:

What plan are you on?

What is the account status?

sunflowershine

@Judelina wrote:

@Judelina Are you in airplane mode?

Need Help? Let's chat.