cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

jarvis43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my phone number. Now i cannot send or receive messages or make phone calls. When someone tries to phone me they get a recording saying the number is not in service.

12 REPLIES 12

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

If we assume that people are incorrectly calling the old phone number, that doesn't explain why the customer can't make any outgoing phone calls or send outgoing text messages.

Agree .. and have posted this problem previously - so why am I still with PM? -----Because I seldom make voice calls and of the unbelievable great pricing and flexibility ---- 

@jarvis43 can you call your number from another phone? From what you posted may have gotten a number already in use by someone else. If that's the case, only the moderators can help you here. Stay safe. 

@jarvis43 

Does your phone say youre connected to public mobile? When you log into your account does your new number show in there? While hou wait for a moderator try reporting your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. Try a text call/have some one call you.

jarvis43

They are calling the new number. I have been a Public Mobile customer for many years. I have changed my number before but never encountered this where when someone phones the new number it says the number is not in service. nor not getting my emails and when i send the other person doesn't receive them

@BEER wrote:

@jarvis43 wrote:

I recently changed my phone number. Now i cannot send or receive messages or make phone calls. When someone tries to phone me they get a recording saying the number is not in service.

If you changed your phone number then obviously when persons try to call your old number they will get the "not in service" recording. 

Get a friend to key in your new number and see what happens. 

If we assume that people are incorrectly calling the old phone number, that doesn't explain why the customer can't make any outgoing phone calls or send outgoing text messages.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jarvis43 wrote:

If you changed your phone number then obviously when persons try to call your old number they will get the "not in service" recording. 

Get a friend to key in your new number and see what happens. 

@jarvis43 

contact customer support here

type "activation issue"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

jarvis43

Is anyone going to try and get me a solution. i have been without the phone for a week

jarvis43

I  have done all you suggested. My account shows the new telephone numger but when someone tries to phone the new number they get a recording saying the number is not in service. The next payment date is September 1.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jarvis43 

In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?  Does your self service account show the new number?

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try the lost phone trick.  Log into your account and mark your phone as lost. Wait 5 minutes then log back into your account and mark it found.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jarvis43 wrote:

@jarvis43 contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator  mention phone service not working    check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.