cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Karlee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi my daughters phone is not working but public mobile took money out of account ( account is pre paid monthly ) so why is her phone not working 

25 REPLIES 25

brandylynn

Check your account online to make sure your account is indeed active and make sure the settings in the phone are turned on. 

You can try to power cycle your phone as well.

I hope all is working now.

Q:  Who loves Public's Auto-Pay system?

A: The competition.🤗❤️

@hairbag1 you are absolutley right. At no point in time should a customer loose their service and be penalized because of the company offering them the service. Can we get someone to look into Autopay issues @Tiana_V 

@hairbag1, i totally agree and second with that! I came from a 90-day plan and changed when the 30-day plan came with a better data plan, but, I still put in enough money every 90-days or so just to make sure. Now that I am on a lower plan of the system, paying between $1 to 6 a month isn't as bad anymore compared to $31-34 a month!  Not as much babysitting! 

@Karlee wrote:

It’s ok I tried to search the payment history and it wouldn’t let me sign in ... but user name and password works here ?! Yah know what I worked all day it’s almost 8 where I am and yah know what I complain about bell Aliants high rates but I think I’m just switching her out tom . I can’t even and when you e mail it’s not about you ... you are redirected to SIMon ..... good luck public mobile ! I’m spent 

@Naepalm...the failure to Autopay is one of the more frequent complaints customers experience while using PM. It's been an issue for awhile now and I wonder why PM doesn't invest in making Autopay a bit more "user friendly" and robust.

Too bad that another customer has to go elsewhere. ..would be nice to know what the cause of the failure here is. IMO...Autopay should be one of the features that work without incident ...every time !!

Since I started manually paying my account ahead of time...I haven't had any problem with Autopay. ...but not everyone has the time or desire to "babysit" his account when Autopay is supposed to do it.

@Karlee, first of all you are doing great so far. Most people who get frustrated just give up entirely. Keep with us for a few more seconds, and we will push you through the finish line.

You mentioned after logging in, you see that your account is suspended. It may appear something like this:
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.04.13 PM.png

As you can see in my screenshot my plan expired. As long as you know that your autopay has been working for you, go ahead and click on the reactivate plan. 

Speaking from past experiences, my autopay from my credit card has never worked well for me, so instead, I manually add funds into my account. Autopay looks at your available funds then your credit card. Granted, this can be a weird thing on my part or set-up, I am okay with that. Maybe, you have the same issue. If that's the case, I believe @gblackma may have explained on how to add funds to your account. 

Let me know, what else you need. More than happy to help. Be safe! 

@Karlee wrote:

It’s ok I tried to search the payment history and it wouldn’t let me sign in ... but user name and password works here ?! Yah know what I worked all day it’s almost 8 where I am and yah know what I complain about bell Aliants high rates but I think I’m just switching her out tom . I can’t even and when you e mail it’s not about you ... you are redirected to SIMon ..... good luck public mobile ! I’m spent 

User name and password for community is different than MY ACCOUNT. MY ACCOUNT login is an email address. 

And for first step with any issue with an iPhone or iPad......reboot it!

@Karlee  if the account is suspended there is no need to remove the sim as that is an account issue not a sim issue.

@Karlee 

If you are done trying with the community the moderators can help you out quite quickly, contact them here. I understand your frustration and hope that they will be able to help you. Thank you for pressing on even this far! 

:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Karlee

@Karlee it failed Public mobile is prepaid not postpaid. you pay in the beginning of the month for your services.

if you want to reactivate her account you need to add available funds then click the reactivate button

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

if I am wrong you can contact customer support here choose the second option

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@Karlee 

"Look on the right-hand edge of the iPhone, below the power button. You should see the outline of the SIM tray, with a pinhole at the bottom end. Insert the pin on the SIM removal tool into the hole and press it in against a spring until the SIM tray releases. Pull the SIM card tray out of the handset."

Found this as a description for you.

Karlee

It didn’t fail I’m looking at 3 months of bills ? 

Karlee

She is using an I phone 6

Karlee

Yes the account is suspended 

@Karlee it should be on the top or side of your phone. Google or youtube your phone type, "how to remove SIM" it is very easy, youll be fine! 🙂

Karlee

I have no clue how to look at payment history I can only see public mobile takes monthly payments directly out of my bank account 

@Karlee check your bank statement and make sure you were actually charged... the auto-pay most likely failed. 

Karlee

All of our phones are on bell expect our daughters . Surprisingly enough pubic mobile was highly recommended with absolutely 0 customer service . It’s says account suspended but public mobile took there money as her account is pre paid monthly I can see the money came out 

Karlee

Ok I will try that I’ve never taken a sim

card out 😬

@Karlee try these tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.

20200512_193955.jpg

20200504_182846.jpg

4. Add $2 through One Time Payment to your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your service.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Karlee wrote:

Hi my daughters phone is not working but public mobile took money out of account ( account is pre paid monthly ) so why is her phone not working 

@Karlee  Ask your daughter to dial 611 from her phone. Is her account suspended? 

@Karlee wrote:

This sounds as if this could be a renewal failure. When you say took money out of account, are you referring to the Public Mobile account or your bank account/credit card?

I would log into your self serve account to examine the Public Mobile payment history.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Karlee Can you try to use the sim in another phone to see is it a sim issue or phone issue? Is her account active in self-service? Maybe Autopay failed.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Karlee 

you will need to be a bit more specific. 

Is everything not working? 

Try turning the phone off, remove the SIM card for a few minutes. Then Reinsert the card and turn it back on. 

What device is she using? 

Need Help? Let's chat.