cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not getting calls

Lisarybak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can’t get my phone to receive calls. Just switched over two days ago. Suggestions? Tried already to

take out SIM card and turn phone off and on

11 REPLIES 11

Lisarybak

Yes, did get it all figured out! Thank you! 

Thanks for letting us know the good news.

Now, you can sit back and enjoy the saving  🙂

Lisarybak

Had it taken care of! They had to contact my previous provider. Works good now! Thanks! 

@Lisarybak 

You can also go into your local Apple Genius Store and have them check out your settings.

Lisarybak

iPhone, thank you

Lisarybak

Will do, thank you! 

@Lisarybak  let us know how it turns out.  Hope this will get resolved tmr.  Good night.

Lisarybak

Spoke to someone and having it looked into in the morning. Thank you!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lisarybak 

As noted by @softech instructions with the old SIM. You might also try put the old SIM in the phone to see if it works. If it does work then your porting wasn’t completed.

Also, does your phone show Public Mobile on the top of the screen? If it does then there maybe an issue with your settings.

What phone do you have so we can help further.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lisarybak wrote:

Can’t get my phone to receive calls. Just switched over two days ago. Suggestions? Tried already to

take out SIM card and turn phone off and on

@Lisarybak 

Try a RESET of you Network Settings.

If you ported a phone number from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete (but usually less).

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lisarybak  if  it has been 2 days, the your porting request didn't complete successfully

did you receive a SMS from your previous provider to confirm you leave?  you need to reply YES within 90 min to get the port going  

you should check with Porting team to confirm the status , likely need to retrigger the SMS.

(yes, I hope you still have the OLD SIM card, you need to put it back into a phone to wait for the SMS from your previous provider)

I will private message you the phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.