cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone issues

Makayla97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i just hooked up my phone from Chatr to public mobile. I ported my number from chatr and ever since then I haven't been able to receive text messages or phone calls it just goes to voicemail. Ive tried taking my sim card out and restarting and still nothing. What do i do? This is making me very angry as i just spent close to $80 on this.....

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Makayla97 wrote:

Still nothing 

@Makayla97 then please see @mpcdesign's reply above for details on how to contact the moderator team for help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Makayla97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still nothing 

srlawren

@Makayla97 did your port complete successfully later in the day?  Can you give us an update?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

money is valuable resources. i would probably feel frustrated if that were happening to me. you may have to change to a public mobile phone number.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like a stuck port of your number. Sometimes, all it takes is to either:

1. turn airplane mode on/off
  2. reboot your phone
  3. pull the sim card out and re-insert
  4. reset network settings (not factory reset)

Typically a successful port request is completed in 5 min to 2 hours, so at 20 hours I think you will need the assistance of a moderator to get your account sorted out.  

This happens every once in a while, usually when the info you provide isn't an exact match to what your old provider has on their records.  Not a big problem, the mods will get you sorted out, just be patient after you send them a private message and await their reply.  

Be advised, at this time, the moderator team is closed for the night. 

When a moderator from the moderator team posts a message, they want you to send them a private message. You don't need to report the situation/story in the forum. Wondering why they want you to contact them directly? The moderator team will need to ask you some private information that you really don't want the forum and the world know such as your PIN number, account information, phone number and maybe an email address. Unfortunately, the moderators are done for the day, and won't return until later this morning. 

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order, they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on the message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages. They are currently experiencing a logjam of messages. Just be patient!

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth

I am not a moderator. 

@Makayla97 wrote:

Hi i just hooked up my phone from Chatr to public mobile. I ported my number from chatr and ever since then I haven't been able to receive text messages or phone calls it just goes to voicemail. Ive tried taking my sim card out and restarting and still nothing. What do i do? This is making me very angry as i just spent close to $80 on this.....

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the restart and remove sim card advice.  It certainly can't hurt to do that, but I would say in most cases, it does nothing.  I mean - how many number ports and activations go through just fine, even if a customer inserts the sim card before activation or before a number port is complete, or sometimes even requested?  I would say that all that restarting a phone could possibly do would be to force the phone to disconnect from the network and then reconnect when you power it back up.  After that, the provisioning commands sent by the network might be accepted by the phone and written to the sim card, if it had not already been done. 

As for all call going directly to voicemail, the most likely thing is that your phone number never ported over. CWTA says to expect porting to be completed from one wirless carrier to another within 2.5 hours, but that assumes that all information submitted at the time of porting was correct, and that no technical issues occur after the request has been made.

All calls are probably still going to your Chatr service (as well as text messages).  Re-insert your Chatr sim card and keep using that for now if you don't want to miss any phone calls and incoming text messages.  If it's only been a very short time since you made the phone number transfer request, it's quite possible that the request is still being processed.  if that's the case, your Chatr service will stop working at the instant the request has been approved by Chatr.  And, after that, your Public Mobile service is supposed to start working fully.

If it's been multiple hours since you made the transfer request, odds are that it has failed.

In my opinion, the main reason ports from Chatr fail is because customers often do not use the Chatr acccount number for number portability verification/authorization.  Chatr does not make the Chatr acocunt number available unless you specifically phone their customer service and ask for it.  So, if you haven't already done that, do yourself a favor and get that Chatr account number.  Once that is done, send a private message on this message board to Moderator_Team.  They can be contacted by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 .  They would then need to submit another request for you.

popping

@Makayla97

If your Chatr SIM card is still working, use your Chatr SIM card while PM moderator is working on your port.  When your Chatr SIM card is dead, your port is completed.  Strat using PM SIMD card.  Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Makayla97, if after 2-3 hours and you still have issues receiving calls on your ported number or the Chatr service is still working, then you have a stuck port and will need moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Welcome to Public Mobile. 

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,   Give it some time.  If you still have probems contact moderator.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Assuming that the account information in the port request was accurate it can take a couple of hours to complete the port.

Use your ChatR SIM until it stops working, at that point the port is done and your Public Mobile SIM fully functional. Reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.