cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone going straight to voicemail

shawnih
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port my number. I can't have a new number the only reason I transferred was because I was told I could keep my number. How do I port my number it says it can't but when i activated my sim it said I could. in the meantime I have no clue what my number is and calls are going to voicemail

19 REPLIES 19

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shawnihIs your phone working properly yet, has this been resolved? If so was it the moderator team fixing a partially completed port?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

just call a friend, and ur number will appear and u'll know wat ur number is

@slash407 unfortunately, this doesn't proove anything.  As soon as you make the port request, your phone will start sending the ported number as your outbound caller ID number.  That does not give any indication whether or not the port was successful.  

@Carld123 wrote:

@shawnih wrote:

My number appears as the ported number but when someone tries to call it goes straight to voicemail and their texts don’t go through

@shawnih

You probably messaged a moderator ..so now its a waiting game..

@shawnih this is the correct advice, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Carld123

@shawnih wrote:

My number appears as the ported number but when someone tries to call it goes straight to voicemail and their texts don’t go through

@shawnih

You probably messaged a moderator ..so now its a waiting game..

shawnih

@shawnih wrote:

Moving from simply connect. When I activated sim card it said nothing about not being eligible. But when my friend tried to call it went straight to voicemail 

Does your Simply Connect SIM still work? If so, your port is not completed yet, and you can use that SIM until the service dies (meaning the port has completed).

One other thing: What phone are you using? I'm quite certain that Simply Connect is using the Rogers network. If you are using an older phone with 2G GSM frequency only, it will work on the Rogers network but not on Telus or Bell.

shawnih

No not on

GreatCanadian

As @Alex888 stated, the do not disturb settings have showed your symptoms fairly often, particularly on iPhones.

GC 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

It probably is a problem with the port, but have you checked your phone to make sure it's not in DO Not Disturb mode?

GreatCanadian

I have sometimes gotten a text message that says "Congratulations  your Public Mobile activation has been completed successfully"  but not always.

You said that you don't know your number. Log in to your self serve account and you will find it in there. 

GC 

shawnih

Does it just take a while for the ported number to be active? Do you get some sort of notification when the process is succesful?

@shawnih wrote:

Moving from simply connect. When I activated sim card it said nothing about not being eligible. But when my friend tried to call it went straight to voicemail 

You phone number port is most likely eligible, no worries here. With little time and some more details, your problem should be solved soon 🙂

shawnih

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shawnih, have you submitted a number port once already?  The system is not forgiving in that you only get one try yourself.  If something goes wrong, the moderator team is required to resubmit ports.  If you went through the process of either submitting an port during activation or using the number change function afterwards, then you won't be able to do it a second time, not for the same port that may have failed the first time. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Have you changed your temporary new number more than once? Because you can only change number once every 30 days.

So this is ok and should work:

1. Opening new account with temporary number A.
  2. Porting your number to replace number A.

This won't work:

1. Opening new account with temporary number A.
  2. Changing number A for another new number B.
  3. Then you won't be able to change number again for the next 30 days.

Dunkgirl

@shawnih wrote:

In and no its not prepaid

@shawnihWhere are you porting from? Rogers? Bell? Fongo? Who says it can't be done? Is it the eligibility checker or did you get a message / call from Telus asking for other details?

shawnih

In and no its not prepaid

Dunkgirl

@shawnih wrote:

I tried to port my number. I can't have a new number the only reason I transferred was because I was told I could keep my number. How do I port my number it says it can't but when i activated my sim it said I could. in the meantime I have no clue what my number is and calls are going to voicemail

@shawnihAre you porting IN or OUT of public mobile? Who are you porting from or to? If its a similar service such as Koodo pre-paid that must be done by the moderator team.

If you do not know your phone number log in here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ then click plan & addons, in the top left corner it will show current phone number

shawnih

yes

Carld123

@shawnih

Is the account still open for the number you are trying to port?

Need Help? Let's chat.