cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't work

sunghye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I tried call out, it said "Sorry we can't complete your call.   You don't have active long distance call add on. and this call not cover by your plan......" And also nobody can call me either. What's going on here. What should I do?

(2 threads for same issue merged by comptuergeek541)

12 REPLIES 12

HSPark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If this is NOT a new account check:

1. Your account is in good standing 

2. If you have a limited amount of minute make sure that you have not used all your minutes. If this is the case you probably will need an add-on. 

If this is a NEW account:

1. It could be a porting issue. Give it a few more hours. 

@geopublic wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic@Jadebug  porting is not a factor here.  when you port a number PM immediately allows you  to make calls using the ported number.  failed ports just don't allow incoming calls.

Also if @sunghye  is out of minutes ($10/$15 plans) you might get the same message  as mentioned above.

If phone was working before, and not in a suspended state (failed payment) and not out of minutes, I would try the lost stolen trick and if that fails then contact moderator_team.  

And also nobody can call me either. What's going on here. What should I do?

The OP said he can't receive incoming calls so why would that not indicate a port issue?

@geopublic wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic@Jadebug  porting is not a factor here.  when you port a number PM immediately allows you  to make calls using the ported number.  failed ports just don't allow incoming calls.

Also if @sunghye  is out of minutes ($10/$15 plans) you might get the same message  as mentioned above.

If phone was working before, and not in a suspended state (failed payment) and not out of minutes, I would try the lost stolen trick and if that fails then contact moderator_team.  

The OP said he can't receive incoming calls so why would that not indicate a port issue?

I do suppose that there could still be a porting issue, but as mimno was saying, that wouldn't cause the failture of outgoing calls.  This leads me to also to believe that there's more to this than just number porting.  I am suspecting that there isn't an active calling plan on the account, whether it's because of out of minutes as suggested before, or if it's because of a glitch on Public Mobile's end.

@sunghye wrote:

Actually, this ploblum happened for my son's.  The plan is $10. I think he used all 50 mins. Texting still works. Thank you for your help. 

Hi @sunghye 

He can either get more minutes, long distance minutes never expire so he can roll over to the next month

Another option would be to switch to $15 plan, he would get unlimited texts and double the minutes, also 250 m of data would be enough to support 500 minutes of talk through fongo totally free. He doesn't have to wait till the end of the period to switch, it can be immediate

Cheers

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunghye  if you buy the talk addon 200 or 400 minutes then your sons phone will be able to make receive calls.

@geopublicit was not a porting issue because as i mentioned when porting, the new number becomes active right away on the account allowing outgoing calls.  failed ports are 99% when the incoming calls don't get assigned to the new account.  

sunghye

Actually, this ploblum happened for my son's.  The plan is $10. I think he used all 50 mins. Texting still works. Thank you for your help. 

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunghye wrote:

When I tried call out, it said "Sorry we can't complete your call.   You don't have active long distance call add on. and this call not cover by your plan......" And also nobody can call me either. What's going on here. What should I do?

Are you porting your number from another provider? If yes, means the port hasn't completed yet. As far as making outgoing calls just add 1 in front of the number and try the call again.

Duplicate post

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How long have you been with public mobile? If you just ported over it might take a while before the activation is complete. 

Also check your plan, to see if you still have available minutes and that your account is in good standing. 

Swqeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try activate you voicemail box first. It should be fine afterward

sunghye

Need Help? Let's chat.