cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't take a SIM Card

NicoleStates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to use public mobile on an old flip phone from Telus that doesn't take a sim card?

6 REPLIES 6

@NicoleStates wrote:

Is it possible to use public mobile on an old flip phone from Telus that doesn't take a sim card?

Sorry, but you won't be able to use this phone anywhere in Canada.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleStates 

It looks like you will need a new phone. You can get the new flip phone or a new smart phone with a SIM tray from London Drugs, Walmart or Mobile Shop (Loblaws) and they can activate the PM SIM for you.

@NicoleStates 

Here's an article from TELUS regarding the shutdown up to CDMA a few years back. Indeed, the CDMA device I had was the most reliable phone I've ever used, structurally, battery-wise,  and with respect to voice quality.

But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

https://www.telus.com/en/ns/support/article/cdma

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NicoleStates : Sounds like an old CDMA phone which is now defunct. Public Mobile will only connect with a SIM in a compatible phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleStates 

I highly doubt that there is a way for public mobile to associate your account with a device that does not contain a SIM card slot.

If it was a question you need a definitive answer to, you could ask the public mobile moderators for an official reply.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your phone would need to use a sim that has your phone number associated with it.

Need Help? Let's chat.