cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility chart is outdated

Mike3b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like the title says, you should update your phone compatibility chart as it seems outdated. It said my phone won't work with 3G when it clearly does as I've been using it for years.

8 REPLIES 8

Mike3b

I made this thread not for me, but for other users who don't know any better and DO rely on these charts as to them these charts are the final say.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mike3b wrote:

Like the title says, you should update your phone compatibility chart as it seems outdated. It said my phone won't work with 3G when it clearly does as I've been using it for years.

There are hundreds of brands and thousands of model of Cell Phones in the market, there is no way to include all phones and model. These charts are simply a Basic Tool, it's not something you should rely on 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mike3b wrote:

Samsung 906K.

Specs here:  https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s5-lte-a-kt/specs/SM-G906K/

It should be fine for calls, texts, and HSPA+ data, as it supports B2 (1900Mhz) and B5 (850Mhz) UMTS frequencies.  It will have limited LTE support as it's missing the core LTE band 4 and several other helper bands like 2, 5, 12, etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mike3b

Samsung 906K.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Newer phones are ususally missing as they are constantly being released.  If it is an older model then it is surprising that it is omitted.  Try submitting a ticket to a moderator to have them update it for the list.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right.

andru

@saeliux 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Scroll down to step 1 "Check your phone's compatibility".

@Mike3b wrote:

These types of lists will always be somewhat out-of-date and never complete.  The slightly suprising fact is how your phone has been around for a few years and it's still not on the list. Which model is it?

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did not know of such chart. Where is this PM chart located? 

Need Help? Let's chat.