cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone company with no phone number

MrHappy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone else setup an account. Or should say guy at Walmart did. Then told me to self register when it appeared he did or ?! Anyway I’m not wasting more time. Long story short. From my sims locking for no reason. To brand new phones popping up as reported stolen. And most recently account disappeared and reappears and I’m locked out. I’m starting to think this clown at Walfart is playing me. All this and no contact number. Useless robot. A phone company with no phone number?? That’s like McDonald’s with skinny doors. Your gonna lose customers.  

9 REPLIES 9

@Crash2 wrote:

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

While Public Mobile can help with issues with the sim card or self-serve activation, when it comes to the phone being blacklisted, I would just have it returned for either refund or exchange. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MJ23 wrote:

The Walmart attendant should be able to assist you

@MJ23 unforutnately no, they can only help with the initial activation and are effectively uselss beyond that.  All help after that point must be obtained via the community.  More here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile is a good company . It seems that the issue here is the phone itself , faulty SIM and poor Walmart rep. I would go to a PC Mobile Shop and pick up a new SIM. Then I would go back to the store you purchased your new phone with the blacklisted IMEI number and get a replacement . I would then go home and set up my own account on Public Mobile website and go from there . 

Also worth contacting the moderator at Public Mobile if your account is locked and you want your cell number you were using when the Walmart rep set you up first time. 

Cheers. 

Crash2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MrHappy sorry to hear about your unfortunate experiences, however to be honest I'm still not sure exactly what happened and what the actual problem is.  I'll try and decipher what you're saying the best I can.

I set up my account myself online, I purchase the SIM card from Walmart and just went home and did it all myself.  To be honest I don;t trust those folks behind the counter to do things correctly.  I've had poor experiences at Rogers and the like before.  It's always concerning when you notice they're taking a long time and they are very quiet.  A truly good rep will let you see the screen, and they walk you through the process.  Ya that Walmart rep definitely played you because if they asked you to self register then what were they doing that entire time then?  If you were to self register anyways then all you needed to do was buy the SIM and leave (which takes like 10 seconds).  

To be honest I don;t think it's all PM error, I think the Walmart rep pretty much set you up for failure.  PM does not have a phone number because there's no call centre, there's no brick and mortar location, which directly provides us customers with big savings.  I'm not complaining at all, I've been with M for 1.5 years and I'm loving their approach.  

McDonald's with skinny doors, that's funny.  Solution, stop going t McDonald's, in other words, PM is not for everyone Smiley LOL

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a number of phones in my household with PM and we have been happy with their service and the rock bottom low price. I suggest you rectify the ‘stolen phone’ element as you won’t be able to activate this phone on any carrier.

The Walmart attendant should be able to assist you, or message a moderator at PM.

Hope this helps.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@MrHappy wrote:

Anyone else setup an account. Or should say guy at Walmart did. Then told me to self register when it appeared he did or ?! Anyway I’m not wasting more time. Long story short. From my sims locking for no reason. To brand new phones popping up as reported stolen. And most recently account disappeared and reappears and I’m locked out. I’m starting to think this clown at Walfart is playing me. All this and no contact number. Useless robot. A phone company with no phone number?? That’s like McDonald’s with skinny doors. Your gonna lose customers.  

@MrHappyIf you need to self register go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Mcdonalds has a drive through, to some a more convenient method. The people who go through drivethrough couldn't care less about the size of the doors.

I prefer public mobile not to have a number, why because I get a cheaper cell phone plan as their costs are lower. Public mobile has private messaging to the moderator team.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

If your IMEI on a new phone is listed as stolen you won't be able to register it with any company, you need to take it back to the store you got it from. And PM makes it clear on the site that there is no call center. If you need to contact a moderator to help you register (after you have the IMEI sorted out)  you can contact one here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hey MrHappy, why don’t you tell us what’s going on, and maybe someone can assist you.

Leave the elevated frustrations out of it, and be calm about it.

If your phone is stolen, you’re definitely won’t be able to use it, until you prove it otherwise.

Need Help? Let's chat.