cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone cannot send or receive texts, calls, or connect to data.

tripodNS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Earlier today, I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card at a WOW boutique, activated my account, and transferred my number over from Virgin Mobile. Even after activation, I have been unable to access any cellular services or change my APNs with my Moto G 2015 or any other device I have tried with this SIM. My account appears to be in working order since it is showing attempted calls in my usage history, but nothing is coming through to my device. I can confirm that this is not a device issue since other SIMs are working fine on this device, including my old Virgin SIM.

Any help would be appreciated. I have scoured the community for any potential solutions, but I haven't found any advice on SIM topics other than to contact the moderation team.

8 REPLIES 8

@tripodNS wrote:

Earlier today, I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card at a WOW boutique, activated my account, and transferred my number over from Virgin Mobile. Even after activation, I have been unable to access any cellular services or change my APNs with my Moto G 2015 or any other device I have tried with this SIM. My account appears to be in working order since it is showing attempted calls in my usage history, but nothing is coming through to my device. I can confirm that this is not a device issue since other SIMs are working fine on this device, including my old Virgin SIM.

Any help would be appreciated. I have scoured the community for any potential solutions, but I haven't found any advice on SIM topics other than to contact the moderation team.

While receiving texts and calls can be affected by number porting, outgoing calls, outgoing text messages, and data aren't.

It's not impossible for there to be a porting issue but I would say that the odds of there being a porting issue but also a problem without other aspects of the service that aren't affected by number porting are low.

So, since you can't receive calls or texts, can't send calls or texts, and can't use data, that means that nothing is working.

When it comes to APN settings, those can't possibly fix anything call or text message related.

I can also tell you that if you're using the stock software of the Moto G (3rd generation), you do not need to do anything with the APN settings.They are preset correctly.

It sounds as if none of your services were provisioned. A moderator will need to fix this.

@totalUser wrote:

You can also try reporting your phone stolen for couple of minutes than found then restart the phone with sim in it. That should provision your account

Please don't recommend customers to replace one problem with another.  We all know that the lost phone feature is not without symptoms.  

tripodNS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll try contacting the team via PM. After that, I'll see if I can get a Telus or Koodo phone to test with as @totalUser suggested.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tripodNS  If the port is not completed then you will not be able to receive calls or texts. 

Sounds like you Virgin port might be stuck out not setup properly. If you can't call out submit a ticket to PM asap.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Port should be done by now

Data should work regardless

Consider contacting the moderators if it doesn't work on another Telus phone

But if it's the officer mods can't help

You can also try reporting your phone stolen for couple of minutes than found then restart the phone with sim in it. That should provision your account

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tripodNS Seems like you are having porting issue. Since you ported your number during activation, you will have to wait until porting is complete. If you picked a new number during activation and ported in later, you would have service with a temporary number. Once the porting completes, your old Virgin sim will stop working so keep using that for now. If by tomorrow, you still have the same issue, please contact the mod team so they can retry to port your number. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Be sure to provide as much details as possible so the bot can enter all the info needed to open a ticket.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in another phone that works with Telus outer Koodo, you could go to Telus or Koodo store and ask for loaner

Need Help? Let's chat.