cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone been stuck on searching

davidmacmullen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Out of the blue my phone will just say searching which means no calls and no texts no data. What ive already tired.

Reset Network Setttings

Update Phone

Bought a new sim card 

phone works fine on wifi and everything this else is sound strictly the carrier and to make matter worse moderators wont respond emails after hours.

5 REPLIES 5

@davidmacmullen wrote:

My phone has been with pm almost a year it is unlocked and was working and just one second went to searching so idk

There is more than a handful of different possible local issues with your phone and the easiest way to test if its your phone is to stick your sim card in another phone. Ask a friend or if you don't have a back up phone or any friends you can also go to the store and ask the rep to test out your sim card in their phone they will usually not have a problem with.

If the rep doesn't want to and there are no close stores anywhere else tell him you want to confirm its your service provider and if it is are interested in switching. Doesn't mean you have to follow through if its the service but 999/1000 times its your phone

Just remember that EVERYTHING that broke, was "just" working a second ago.

You might want to also check to see if your phone has been blacklisted, this commonly happens to phones that were bought 2nd (rarely but possible even if you bought it new mistakes happen) hand sometimes years after you buy it.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

davidmacmullen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone has been with pm almost a year it is unlocked and was working and just one second went to searching so idk

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@davidmacmullen

1.  Just in case it is hardware problem. Have you try your PM SIM card on another phone from family or friend?

2.  Is you phone unlocked?

3.  Which phone are you using? 

4.  PM does not support GSM.  Is your phone set at GSM only?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@davidmacmullen wrote:

Out of the blue my phone will just say searching which means no calls and no texts no data. What ive already tired.

Reset Network Setttings

Update Phone

Bought a new sim card 

phone works fine on wifi and everything this else is sound strictly the carrier and to make matter worse moderators wont respond emails after hours.

Have you tried your sim card in another phone to confirm phone is not the issue? Does your account in self serve show its in good standing and active? What happens when you go to network settings and manually select the network?

Moderators tend to take around 48 hours to respond. Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of. Your case might be different however more often than not the community can come up with the solution to issues before moderators respond because they are so flooded with people contacting them with multiple messages about issues that have nothing to do with the service.

For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

try to take your sim-card out and wait 5 min and put back, if you not working 

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue 

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck
Need Help? Let's chat.