cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number

alexsalomon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Manitoba but will be moving to Montreal in two weeks (and already have an address for my new apartment). I was wondering if I can order a SIM Card to my Manitoban address and still have a Montreal number. If it is possible, can I activate the SIM Card in Manitoba with a Montreal number or do I need to be physically present in Montreal when I activate it?

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@alexsalomon : Hi, Just want to point out in case if you didn't know that the area code of your phone number decides which provincial tax you pay. This happened to me, becuase I was mainly living in Alberta, but chose a BC number and thus the taxation was higher. Smiley Tongue 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alexsalomon wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Manitoba but will be moving to Montreal in two weeks (and already have an address for my new apartment). I was wondering if I can order a SIM Card to my Manitoban address and still have a Montreal number. If it is possible, can I activate the SIM Card in Manitoba with a Montreal number or do I need to be physically present in Montreal when I activate it?

Thank you in advance!

The shipping address for your SIM card order has no bearing on what phone number you pick when you port in your service. [EDIT: I mean to say "when you activate your service", since you were talking about picking a new number.]  When you activate, you can literally pick any available phone number from any available Canadian area code.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.