cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Ported - Calling Won't Work

RSc2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

As the title suggests, I ported my pay-as-you-go number over from Virgin a couple days back. For some reason, everything but calling (texting and data) work just fine. Dial tone won't even work. Tried calling my phone from another phone. Says I've reached my phone right away, no ringtone, and lets me leave a message. Don't really know where to go from here. Can't even call the 611 number for self serve. If anyone has any idea, wouldn't mind some help.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

I believe prepaid numbers can take up to two days to port. But yes submit a ticket if the issue is resolved before you hear from a moderator please cancel your ticket.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RSc2 wrote:

Hello!

As the title suggests, I ported my pay-as-you-go number over from Virgin a couple days back. For some reason, everything but calling (texting and data) work just fine. Dial tone won't even work. Tried calling my phone from another phone. Says I've reached my phone right away, no ringtone, and lets me leave a message. Don't really know where to go from here. Can't even call the 611 number for self serve. If anyone has any idea, wouldn't mind some help.

Thanks!

@RSc2  If there was a problem with the port you would have received a text from Public to contact them dis you receive a text from Public?. Also once the port is completed  you will receive a text from Public. id you recive any texts from Public?

When you call your number which voicemail system is being used Public's or Virgin's?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RSc2It sounds like a provisioning problem with Public Mobile when they activated your account. I think it is best to submit a ticket via SIMon on the lower right hand corner and wait for the moderators. There is nothing you can really do to make it work without the Moderators escalate it to the tech team.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Still have virgin sim card? Can you put it in phone see if calling works? Maybe your port is stuck....

RSc2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, have tried in a Canadian Galaxy S9 and a Canadian Moto G5. Both have been restarted a couple of times.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Guess start with

What kind of phone?

Have you tried taking sim out for a few minutes then rebooting phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.