cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls Go Straight To Voicemail

SW1954
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My I phone 7 does not ring even though it is not on silent mode setting .   It goes straight to Voicemail.

My wife has the same monthly plan and reception and no problems at all

Any help appreciated.  Thx

6 REPLIES 6

@SW1954 

Sounds like a provisioning issue....did it happen after you renewed your plan? If @softech 's tip doesn't work you have 2 options.....

Suspend your service via lost/stolen. Log out/in. Resume. Log out and reboot. Test. But this method may cause your rewards to not apply during renewal requiring you to contact the moderators to have the rewards applied manually after your next renewal.

Or contact the moderators and ask them to reprovision your sim card. Choice is yours.....

Do you have any call blocks in place or Do Not Disturb turned on?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SW1954 check the setting if Call Forwarding is disabled. Enable Silent Unknown Callers.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SW1954 

Try a network reset.

Make sure you don't have the contact blocked or Do Not Disturb enabled.

Do Not Disturb may be different from Silent settings.  On my device, I have both options. 

• The Silent setting just mutes all sound - i can still see the call coming in on device screen. 
  • The Do Not Disturb sends calls to voicemail, with exceptions which can be made to specified contacts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I had that issues once, too.. My outgoing call and data no issue, just incoming

I tried reboot and didn't work

In the end, I powered off my phone, took the SIM out, wipe it clean, wait for a min and then I put it back and power it back on and viola, issue resolved.

hope this helps

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SW1954 wrote:

My I phone 7 does not ring even though it is not on silent mode setting .   It goes straight to Voicemail.

My wife has the same monthly plan and reception and no problems at all

Any help appreciated.  Thx

@SW1954 ,

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you did not just port a number over try one or more of the below:

*try your SIM in your wife's phone.

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Need Help? Let's chat.