cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone - Actual person to talk to

robinbird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there someone that I could actually speak with regarding phone plans prior to making a plan decision?

16 REPLIES 16

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@robinbird wrote:

Is there someone that I could actually speak with regarding phone plans prior to making a plan decision?

Yes... Visit one of their kiosks (link).

_

Peterajsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No one to talk to that's how they keep cost down all self service 

tdent145

I was able to keep my phone number, what I did was search my imei which it sounds like you did. And then went to Walmart where there phone booth thing in the store and switch providers took 20 min tops 

NancyJ

@robinbird 

There are no call centers here on PM. If you are having a problem with your account, there are moderators that can help with those issues here online. The community is a great place to ask questions and get help from other PM customers. 

I got my SIM card at Walmart and the person there was great! 

@robinbird wrote:

Is there a way to confirm my iPhone SW would be compatible? 

Nothing that has been sent my way yet has been able to verify that...

Also, I live in Canada.  Would Walmart in Canada do that?

@robinbird  Who was your previous provider?. If your iPhone was used previously on Rogers, Fido, Speakout, Bell, Virgin, Telus, Koodo, Chatr or Fizz it will work on Public Mobile. 

Edit: To find your nearest store location click here. 

@robinbirdWalmart Canada can activate your plans and also give you the SIM card for free during activation.

My suggestion for your iPhone is to borrow someone's Public mobile SIM card.. if it works.. well you get your answer.. then go to the store to get your own. All iPhone SE will be compatible with Public Mobile.. the issue is whether it is locked / blacklisted etc by Apple, that actually you can go ask @ Apple's Genius bar.

Try this...www.willmyphonework.net.

Fill in the blanks and it'll let you know if your phone is compatible at Public Mobile. I have an SE and it works just fine.

Personally, I'd avoid Walmart at all cost. Their staff is sometimes under-trained. ! Instead you might consider The MobileShop, London Drugs, Wow Mobile or K Mobile.

My favourite is London Drugs.

robinbird

Is there a way to confirm my iPhone SW would be compatible? 

Nothing that has been sent my way yet has been able to verify that...

Also, I live in Canada.  Would Walmart in Canada do that?

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@robinbird wrote:

Thanks!

I think I can figure out the plan thing...but I punched in the IMEI number to see if my phone is compatible, and it says that it's not available at the moment.  I have a iPhone SE. 

Also, will I get to keep my phone number?

Your iPhone SE will work.  It might need to be unlocked.  You can get the unlock code from your original carrier.

I would recommend you go to Walmart to get your iPhone set up for Public Mobile.  The things I hate about Walmart in this regard, would likely be well recieved in your case.  I am a DIY type, so their help was not as useful to me, as it would be to you. 

Try this...www.willmyphonework.net

You can port your existing number over in most cases.

robinbird

Thanks!

I think I can figure out the plan thing...but I punched in the IMEI number to see if my phone is compatible, and it says that it's not available at the moment.  I have a iPhone SE. 

Also, will I get to keep my phone number?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

There are no customer service agents that you can talk to...BUT...you can use this Community Forum though. It's a rich resource of knowledge to help you make a plan- buying decision that works for you.

Go ahead...fire those questions !!

Welcome to Public Mobile.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@robinbird We are not representatives from PM but customers. You can share your needs and see if we can help.

@robinbird wrote:

Sorry, but there is no call centre. Public Mobile is a self-serve carrier partly to keep prices down.  You can ask other customers for advice and there are moderators you can get assistance from to fix account issues.

Here is some information about Public Mobile plans:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Currently the only way to speak to someone via voice would be to visit one of the PM kiosks. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

All of the support is online, and therefore there is no call centres. 

Need Help? Let's chat.