cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Activation HELP

BiancaPhilp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband and I just switched from Virgin to Public. Everything seemed to go well but most of my text msgs and calls still go to my old phone and not my new phone with public. Its been about a week and I am unsure how to fix this issue. 

4 REPLIES 4

louise22210
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello!

I had the same issue when I switched from ROGERS to PUBLIC MOBILE with an Asus phone. The best thing to do now is to use your old sim card until it stops working. Once the porting has been successfully completed, your old sim should stop working. Try checking the status of the old sim online (if you had an account with VIRGIN)

In the meantime, as all the other members suggested, contact a private moderator and recall the problem. They will be able to push the port. 

As well, what phone do you have? I had porting issues due to my ASUS phone, there are manual processes necessary for ASUS and PM. 

Good luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BiancaPhilp wrote:

My husband and I just switched from Virgin to Public. Everything seemed to go well but most of my text msgs and calls still go to my old phone and not my new phone with public. Its been about a week and I am unsure how to fix this issue. 

@BiancaPhilp When you activated your PM accounts did you setup the phone ports from Virgin at the same time? If you picked temp PM numbers then you need to setup the port via selfserve. If you did setup the port during activation a week is too long and signifies a problem with the port. You need to notify PM and include acct#, name and number from Virgin in order to resubmit the port.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BiancaPhilp wrote:

You port from Virgin is not completed yet.  You waited long enough.

Send a private message to moderator for help.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Continue to use your old SIM card until it stop working.  Then, start using your new PM SIm.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BiancaPhilp hi seems like your port stuck contact a moderator here and explain situation https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.