cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

merripaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Asking for a friend: I referred a friend of mine to public mobile highly recommending them.. on November 30th she decided to put data on her phone... After a payment of $28.75 went through on her credit card, she was told that her phone was too old to put the plan on.. now she has trouble getting her $28.75 back.. can anyone help me so I can give her advice as to how she does that.. thanks so much..

3 REPLIES 3

@merripaf  Unfortunately there are no refunds at public mobile. Had the issue been brought up 3 weeks ago perhaps a better solution could have been had. Was the phone completely incompatible? Or could she still call and text...the1gb of data is only one component of the plan. At this point if her phone is that old there would be limited options in the marketplace to get service now and in the future. It's time for your friend to consider new phone. I got the bf a $40 smartphone from London drugs that works fine with a sd card to boost the memory til he gets a better one. There are many inexpensive options out there...just don't get the max nitro brand.

Hrhkiki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You don't have to consider it a loss of her 28.75. If her phone is too old to use on PM's network, chances are it may be time for her to upgrade or find a good used phone to put into service. She could simply take the sim out of the old phone and put it in another. The sim cards have three sizes so will work in most phones,  if she can find a more compatable phone and she woun't have to lose the money she has already paid out. 

@merripaf wrote:

Asking for a friend: I referred a friend of mine to public mobile highly recommending them.. on November 30th she decided to put data on her phone... After a payment of $28.75 went through on her credit card, she was told that her phone was too old to put the plan on.. now she has trouble getting her $28.75 back.. can anyone help me so I can give her advice as to how she does that.. thanks so much..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is recommended to check phone compatiablity before activating a new account.  PM is prepaid so there is no guarantee of a refund but your friend could submit a ticket to a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Need Help? Let's chat.