cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Dora2468
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile said my balance 12$ owing but then they took 2 payments of 24.15$ and another payment of 12.65$ on the same day.

17 REPLIES 17

@Yummy   if you say so, it must be. 😂

@popping 

Umm...thx?

@Anonymous 

Bumblebee Bolt been charging your card again without your knowledge? 🐝

I was going to mention bank issued credit cards can be sent to your branch in 3 business days for those who cannot wait the 7 to 10 days it takes for them to arrive in the mail.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Is the card issued from your bank?

@darlicious 

Amazon.ca cc issued by MBNA.  MBNA is owned by TD Canada Trust.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : This topic has been derailed enough now. I suspect scammers can make a transaction look like a real transaction when it hits the card. The fact that Amazon says they can't find the transaction based on all the information provided tells me it was external to them and spoofed to look like them.

I barely use the card and now really only for charging and I'm not likely to need a charge in the next few days so I'll just have to wait for the new one. Hopefully all the linking will continue.

@Anonymous 

Is the card issued from your bank?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : It was from Amazon. They couldn't find anything about it in their system. Incredible. Amount, date, last 4 digits, code on the transaction. How could they not find it? So I've locked my card for now. I did the online dispute on that transaction. I talked with them as well. Seems they have to cancel and send another card. I hope I won't be needing it soon.

@Anonymous 

Weird....fate I suppose and you're so careful with your card!

@Yummy 

Lol....I didn't even notice the questioning question marks!!🤣🤣🤣

@Anonymous 

Meow is no maximum_gato?!!😁

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy , @Meow ?? 🙂 I do in fact see the same thing in Authorized and Posted right now on the account.

Funnily enough, I went in to my account to help with this conversation and stumbled across a fraudulent charge. I would have seen it on the bill eventually but this conversation caused me to find it.

Glad to help!

Why '??' beside these user IDs? Two different persons; not split personality; on line at the same or similar time...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy , @Meow ?? 🙂 I do in fact see the same thing in Authorized and Posted right now on the account.

Funnily enough, I went in to my account to help with this conversation and stumbled across a fraudulent charge. I would have seen it on the bill eventually but this conversation caused me to find it.

@Yummy 

I have a couple of cards that do that....but generally its an online order that has been pending but gets posted and it can take awhile for the pending to drop off or its a business that  doesn't close out its approved transactions at the end of their business day. So you can have a pending and posted charge stay from Saturday thru Monday if the business isn't open on Sunday.

I experienced the double charge last week upon reactivating my "data" account. I bumped the minimize button mid -transaction and it made it appear as though the transaction didn't go thru but as soon as I hit submit again the plan renewed and a second charge appeared in the available funds....dang it!

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : One of my credit cards shows an area called Authorized and then it drops to Posted. It doesn't use the word Pending. But I've read of that here with some cards. And I say "Maybe" on that post.

Right. But do you ever see Duplicated identical transaction - one pending and the other actual? I never had two identical transactions with same amounts/dates/company leading to 'pending' to disappear in a day or two.

I've seen that with my mbna card. Sometime even 2 "pendings" and 1 "posted" at the same time (for same transaction). Did get me worried a bit, but eventually fixed themselves after a few days.

Edit: Usually, that happens when there's a glitch at the merchant end. Autorization was requested, granted by bank but payment didn't go through. So re-request, re-granted and finally transaction completed.(1 granted authorization request = 1 "pending")

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : One of my credit cards shows an area called Authorized and then it drops to Posted. It doesn't use the word Pending. But I've read of that here with some cards. And I say "Maybe" on that post.

Right. But do you ever see Duplicated identical transaction - one pending and the other actual? I never had two identical transactions with same amounts/dates/company leading to 'pending' to disappear in a day or two.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dora2468 : Maybe the 2 $25-$2*1.05 plan charges are in Pending status and might fall off after a couple days. The other charge..the math doesn't work. Are you sure it's not $12.60?

Have you actually seen such situation that double payment appears on credit card account when you you look at it on-line?

On my card I can see pending for recent transactions but then after a day or two they become processed but number of transactions does not change. Never had double posts on my account with same amount one being 'pending' and the other 'processed'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dora2468 : Maybe the 2 $25-$2*1.05 plan charges are in Pending status and might fall off after a couple days. The other charge..the math doesn't work. Are you sure it's not $12.60?

Yes a picture tells a 1000 words. That screenshot of your transaction history would be helpful. Blank out personal info of course.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dora2468   When you are at My Account, what is it showing as Available Fund?  Any amount there?  What is it showing on Transaction History as well?  do you see multiple entries for those days?  do you mind to share the screenshot and maybe we can make sense of it?

If the extra charges ($24.15 - tax) is sitting as Available Fund, then it might be you have manually loaded fund and you can choose to leave it for PM to use it in your next cycle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you make any manual payments or early renewal ?  Try positing a screen shot of your account masking any personal information.

Need Help? Let's chat.