cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment.

Nando
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I signed up with public mobile last month, there was a promotion on that stated that I would receive a $25 discount on my bill. I don't see anything about this when I sign in, as it is asking me to pay the full $40 for the month. How do I collect that discount?

7 REPLIES 7

darcygibbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Because you signed up in-store, you may have been eligible for the latest $0 for 30 days promotion which wraps up at the end of the year. Perhaps the Walmart employee was confused with the offer - you may end up getting $40 credited within 5 days. Read below.

For more information : https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/30daysfor0

Also, if you paid for your SIM card - you may be eligible to get that $10 refunded if you print out or show them that webpage above. The guys at The Mobile Shop inside Real Canadian Superstore were able to waive the fee for me - I assume Walmart should be no different.

Hopefully this helps, good luck! Let us know how you get on.

@Nando wrote:

I was told at the Wal-Mart I purchased my phone and plan at that they had a promotion where I would receive a $25 credit. They didn't say anything about a friend or anybody else. Just that if I chose public I would receive $25 off my first bill, which is the entire reason I chose public in the first place.

If it was a sign-up promotion specifically offered by Walmart I hope you have it in writing, as I can't recall (or find in my quick search) an official announcement by Public Mobile that supports the scenario you decribe.

The closest promotion we have seen here is the one @cin7 linked to above. Unfortunately, according to your description, you don't meet most of the conditions:

- Sign-up has to be online, at home (you signed up at a store - even if the website the store uses looks similar, it is not the same and you will not get a promotion that is designed for online sign-up)

- This is a referral promotion. You have to put your referrer's phone number into the according field in the sign-up process, otherwise neither you or them receive the bonus.

- You pay in full for your first month, the bonus will show up as available funds within 72 hours of sign-up and will be applied towards your second payment.

Sorry that you have been misinformed by the Walmart employee (assuming that there was no unpublished promo offered by Walmart), but unfortunately I don't think that you are eligible for this bonus.

Sounds like the rep at Walmart led you astray...or you misunderstood. Please refer to links that previous community members have provided for you. They'll explain the promotion in detail. Unless you've met all the criteria of the promotion, there's not much anyone here can help you with as your beef is with the retailer, not Public Mobile. Now that you're already signed up and part of PM, give it few weeks...maybe you'll be glad you stayed.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nando wrote:

I was told at the Wal-Mart I purchased my phone and plan at that they had a promotion where I would receive a $25 credit. They didn't say anything about a friend or anybody else. Just that if I chose public I would receive $25 off my first bill, which is the entire reason I chose public in the first place.

@Nando

Your first bill you always pay..any credits from promotions will apply to your second 30 days of service..but as I noticed..you are on a 40$ plan..signed up in store..knew nothing about referrals etc..thinking you got your info mixed up....so probably no 25$ credit

Nando
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Nando wrote:

When I signed up with public mobile last month, there was a promotion on that stated that I would receive a $25 discount on my bill. I don't see anything about this when I sign in, as it is asking me to pay the full $40 for the month. How do I collect that discount?

$25 credit for future use not initial payment; so watch for a credit to your account which will show as Available Funds.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Nando

Did you follow the instructions for this promo - as stated on the following website?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-January-1-Get-a-25-Credit-for-You...

Take note that this only works if you and your friend activated each Public Mobile SIM through the Public Mobile website.

If you followed the instructions and still didn't receive the referral credit, send a private message to the Moderators.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.