cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment problem because name on credit card doesn't match name on account

Maricarmen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I gifted my iPhone to a friend and offered to pay for her monthly plan.  I set it up for her in April 2021 and made my first payment believing I was done as I selected Auto Pay but the service was interrupted one month later.  I don't know how to fix the problem and now the password my friend entered doesn't seem to work.  What can I do?

9 REPLIES 9

@Maricarmen 

Just submit a ticket with CS Agent.  Yes they need to validate the identity of the account owner, these are the questions

- Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
- Email, phone # and pin #.
If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

- Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
- Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
- Alternate phone number if any.
- Security question and answer.
- Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
- Last 4 digits of sim card.
- Any rewards in your account.
- Autopay y/n?
- Account #.
- Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maricarmen wrote:

Thanks.  I just tried and the system does not recognize her or my e-mail addresses.  I don't know what is going on. I really need to connect with someone from Public who can help me untangle this whole situation.  I'm not sure I can open a ticket with a Customer Support Agent if I can't reset the password and can't identify myself.  I have the record from my credit card payment and the phone number it is associated with and that's it. 

@Maricarmen 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@Maricarmen wrote:

Thanks.  I just tried and the system does not recognize her or my e-mail addresses.  I don't know what is going on. I really need to connect with someone from Public who can help me untangle this whole situation.  I'm not sure I can open a ticket with a Customer Support Agent if I can't reset the password and can't identify myself.  I have the record from my credit card payment and the phone number it is associated with and that's it. 

@Maricarmen 

Try using this link to submit a ticket via

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Maricarmen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try using *611 to pay and does it work?

If it fails, once you get back the access to My Account (after sorting that out with CS Agent), you can try a manual payment.

If it still fails, you can re-enter the credit card information.  Just go to Payment, Manage my card (closer to the bottom of the page), then click Replace this credit card, you will then have a chance to reenter everything including the name on the card.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maricarmen 

Reset Your Self-Serve Password

If you forget your password, there’s no need to worry. You can create a new one by following these simple steps:

1. Click here.
  2. Enter and confirm your email address, then answer the security question. You made the security question when you created your Self-Serve account.

You will receive an email outlining how to change your password. If you don’t get this email within 60 minutes, check your spam folder to make sure emails from @publicmobile.ca aren’t being blocked.You can also start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking here, and submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maricarmen : I think it's just an autopay failure and not to do with names. Can you make a manual payment to reactivate the account. Don't do Amount due...just the amount to get your balance up to the plan cost. Maybe plus a dollar.

Edit: You can use 18554public from any phone and the 4 digit PIN or if you can use the phone...611 and the 4 digit PIN.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Maricarmen 

You can click the Forgot Password button on the Self Serve account page and enter your email address and phone number of the account holder.

Or you can contact the Customer Service Agent by clicking on the SIMon chat button and create a ticket to change your password.

You will need your special PIN, phone number, address etc when you signed up.

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Follow instructions to reset password. Press forgot password and follow prompts.

she should have got a text from 611 about failed auto payment.

once you get back into the account check that the card is not expired and ensure auto pay is enabled. 

Need Help? Let's chat.