cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment methods

lcarol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm talking to some friends of mine about joining PM and they have 2 questions.

1. Is there a way to pay their monthly bills manually? IE, at a bank/ATM, not online.

2. They would be using an iPhone and I don't have one. They want to know if they can use both their names as the name on the phone. So when they phone someone both their names would appear. I believe that would be done in the phone setup and it wouldn't matter how they registered with PM, right?

5 REPLIES 5

You can choose to be financial anonymous from Public Mobile. No bank info, no credit card. No personal information other than a valid email (noncompliance with this detail technically violates Terms of Service, but in real-world they have no legal way to confirm or enforce your compliance).

You can just use PM Payment Vouchers as needed. You cay pay enough for more than one month of service (as much as you like, lol) to eliminate the need for monthly visits to the vendor, if you choose.

Although of course no AutoPay means no AutoPay Reward and no AutoPay bonus data.

If your concern is about severing all connection to online threats, crimes, theft, hacking ... use a prepaid credit card instead an issued credit card.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@lcarol To manually pay, they can add sufficient funds to their account prior to renewal date. They can purchase PM Vouchers from retail stores or gas stations using cc, debit or cash. Full list of stores are available here: Stores near you (publicmobile.ca)

Try this payment method. 

Hybrid Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lcarol 

1. Yes sort of....if they are signed up for autopay with their visa/mc/debit card this would charge their bank account. At any time before renewal of their plan they could pay thru their pm account using the card on file, another card or a voucher. They could also pay thru 611 on their phone either with the card on file or a voucher. Registering a card for autopay garners you the $2 monthly reward you don't have to actually pay with autopay to get the reward.

2. No....pm only displays the phone number it does not display names. Your friends friends would have to add their names to their contact list for their names to be displayed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lcarol 

1. No. Save $2 and use autopay.

2. The name appears at the recipient by way of caller ID and contacts. Only the number is sent by PM. And that can be privatized too.

Need Help? Let's chat.