cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paymebt doesnt work.

nicosb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I've used Public Mobile for two month and it worked well. At December 23rd i wanted to start the 3rd month but on the website it said "Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.". Then I pressed tue BuPlease disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service." Then i pressed the button beside it and a window opened where it said that I have to pay $10 to fix the problem or something. Then I typed in my credit card information and pressed submit. After that the problem was still there and I would have to pay more $10. I've asked the public mobile experts at Walmart but they couldn't help me. Since then I don't have data and I can't make calls or texts. Can you help me?

10 REPLIES 10

Tweetynumair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@nicosb wrote:

I have a german credid card so i cant use autopay. but then why did it work well for 3 month?

You might have received some sign up credits when you first activated so that's why it worked for the for the first 2 months.  Now that the funds have run out and you have no valid credit card on file, it doesn't work any more.  

@nicosb wrote:

I have a german credid card so i cant use autopay. but then why did it work well for 3 month?

It shouldn't have worked at all, so there isn't anything you can do to fix this other than to use a different method to pay. If you do wish to continue using this credit to pay for Public Mobile, you could buy vouchers online from a website such as recharge.com who happens to accept Paypal.

@nicosb  Did you have your German credit card on your account with autopay? Is this the card you used to pay for your activation in store? Did you activate during a free month promo? It sounds like your credits covered your second month. It is possible to pay in store with a non Canadian or American card depending on how a retailer accepts the payment and register the card on the account. The problem occurred when the autopay or you tried to pay the account with it as it's not accepted by public mobile.

As I've said in other threads the system can't recognize anything about the card if it just sits there never to be used for payments just for autopay rewards. You then use vouchers for payments. The card could be stolen, lost, on hold, over its limit in arrears or many other reasons it can't be charged or it will be declined....and possibly rejected. This is probably your issue.

@nicosb wrote:

Perhaps you used another credit card?

Or an alternate method of payment: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail

Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. 

You would not be able to use European credit cards.

nicosb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It's normal for your plan to show Expired on the afternoon /  evening of the renewal. As long as you have autopay enabled and a valid credit card on file...your account should be ok in the morning. (That's why it says "Please disregard this message if...). Until you're comfortable with the renewal process, it's best not to look at your account that night.

Some seasoned PM users will manually add the plan equivalent costs to Available Funds using the on-file credit card, a couple of days before renewal day. That seems to make the renewal process happy and you'll still get your autopay reward.

If you find your phone isn't working in the morning after your renewal, then come back here and we can give constructive advise.

Welcome aboard.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@nicosb  Send a message to the moderators with this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain the situation and they can look into it asap, instead of trying to play with the system yourself.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nicosb  Are you on autopay? Did you have enough funds to cover your renewal? Those warnings are a normal part of renewal. It does sound though that you are suspended due to lack of payment or an autopay fail. You will have to contract the moderators to fix the issue unless you add enough funds to pay for your service.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nicosb 

Which plan are you on?  Is your account status active or suspended?

Might want to screenshot your payment history page (omit personal information) and your overview page.  

Need Help? Let's chat.