cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing my plan

celine_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a payment go thru on Oct 27 and I leave the country on Nov 7 for 5 months. I will remove my sim card while I’m away. Apparently, I can defer payments for a maximum of 3 months. How do I stop my payments ahead of Nov 27 payment date?

Then, I have to make a payment on Feb 27 in order to not have my plan deactivated. How do I reinstate payments?

As I am still out of the country on Feb 27, I was thinking I might change from my $25 plan to a $15 plan for that month and just prior to March 27 payment, I would switch back to my $25 plan as I return to Canada on April 9.

If I switch to a cheaper plan for that one month (Feb 27), will I be able to get the $25 500Mb+500mb data plan when I switch back a month later (March 27)? 

Can I suspend it again on March 27, and have it reactivated on April 9, or would I have to wait to reactivate it on April 27, my payment date?

Also, I just received a bonus 1 GB of data. If I suspend my plan for 3 months, will that remain in my account? Will it remain if I switched from the $25 plan to the $15 plan and then back to the $25 plan.

Sorry ... I know ... lots of questions.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

@celine_s wrote:

Question: I have read on other posts that some people just say that their phone has been lost/stolen and then say its found when they want the plan turned back on. Would that be the better option for me as I'm out of the country for 5 months and with the above method can only save 3 months of payments. 

Your phone cannot be kept in lost status for 5 months.

celine_s

thx W. 

- So I have turned off autopay/removed cc info today 

- my plan becomes suspended on my next billing date Nov 26

- 80 after my plan goes into suspension, I will reinstate auto pay and reenter cc info

- My play will recommence on the 90th day, which is around the 3rd week of February

Question: after that February payment goes thru, maybe I should turn off autopay/remove cc again for the following month (near end of March), as I will still be away for 2 weeks (returning April 7). 

If I did that, could I manually pay the $25 for my plan on say April 5th so that my phone would work when I return on April 7th?

Question: I have read on other posts that some people just say that their phone has been lost/stolen and then say its found when they want the plan turned back on. Would that be the better option for me as I'm out of the country for 5 months and with the above method can only save 3 months of payments. 

Thx

@celine_s wrote:

one last question. So I just removed autopay today, but my next billing date is Nov 26. Its 90 days from Nov 26, not from today, that I should turn on autopay and reenter my cc info? Thx

If you stop auto payment, the remaining cycle is paid up and will continue to run.  So, the 90 days is from November 26.  Just to be safe, never try to restore the account on the very last day.  If something happens and you can't get a moderator to intervene on time, the account will deactive. 

celine_s

one last question. So I just removed autopay today, but my next billing date is Nov 26. Its 90 days from Nov 26, not from today, that I should turn on autopay and reenter my cc info? Thx

celine_s

Ah thx for telling me that. I was thinking it was monthly.

Al_M
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

After reading your question, I thought I should remind you that the billing date is not the same every month. If you're on a 30 day plan and made a payment on Oct 27, the next would be Nov 26.(i.e. not the 27th of each month)

Travel safely.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@celine_s wrote:

No I don't care so much about saving the $10 by switching plans for that month. It sucks that I am gone for 5 months and that the payment dates (27th of the month) doesn't coincide with my absence (Nov 7-Apr 9). I guess the best I can do, and the easiest, is to just remove autopay prior to my Nov 27 payment and then to turn it back on prior to my Feb 27 payment, right?

Don't wait until the 90th day to reactivate your plan.  What if there is PM system maintenance or PM syste is down for other reason.  For me, I will re-activate my account on the 80th day just in case I need to contact moderator to reactivate my plan.

celine_s

No I don't care so much about saving the $10 by switching plans for that month. It sucks that I am gone for 5 months and that the payment dates (27th of the month) doesn't coincide with my absence (Nov 7-Apr 9). I guess the best I can do, and the easiest, is to just remove autopay prior to my Nov 27 payment and then to turn it back on prior to my Feb 27 payment, right?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@celine_s, it is very tricky to make a plan change in a suspended account.  I tried once but messed it up.  I am not sure what I did wrong but ended up renewing the existing plan.  If you really care about saving that $10, you can suspend the account by removing auto payment before leaving the country, top up $15 in the account, wait until around day 80 or so and message the moderators to do a plan change and account restoration using the funds in the account.  Let the account lapse into suspension and repeat with the moderator team when you are back in the country. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Remove auto-pay from your account and while your at it, remove your cc info to be sure you won't be charged.

Then make a payment before the 90 days is up and reactivate your account. You can do that via self serve. Then you'll have 30 days plus 90 days before your account is closed for good.

Need Help? Let's chat.