cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past rewards?

appledms95
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone, I was just wondering something and would like to clarify it.

Are awards you recieved from previous months added on to the current plan renewal? For example if I earned $2 last month and $2 this month, would the renewal cost for a $60 plan be $56 or would only the rewards you recieved that month be counted on, so $58? 

Thanks for any clarifcation 🙂

13 REPLIES 13

appledms95

@dna2016 wrote:

@appledms95, as everyone on this thread has provided their response, it would be helpful if you let us know your precise scenario, just so we're certain that our response applies.  

In general, regardless of 30 day or 90 day plan (let's say i'm on a 90 day and next payment is January 31), any rewards I earn between October 31 (my last payment), and January 31 (my next payment), will be included as a credit in my Jan 31 payment.  So if I'm on autopay, it gives me $2 off each month (so that would be $6 off my payment on Jan 31).  For community rewards, lets say I earned $10 for my January contributions, this won't be included in my credit payment on Jan 31 because I wouldn't know and get my credit until February.  Community Reward credits that would apply for Jan 31 would be the months of Oct/Nov/Dec (if on a 90 day plan).  January rewards would be applied to the next 90 day payment cycle (i.e. April). 

Hopefully one of the scenarios provided by everyone in this thread is the right one to your question.  

Yes next time I will be more specific but everyone's responses including yours has made me understand better. I am currently on the 30 day plan but am considering changing to the 90 day plan, so all of the explainations have been very helpful and relevant in some way 🙂 

appledms95

@Anonymous wrote:

Right. I forgot about that. The OP didn't indicate he was a new customer though. But I suppose he could have been.

So @appledms95: Were you wondering why you saw $2 and then another $2 was deducted at your first renewal? And so yes that only happens once on new activations. Thereafter, you'll just get the $2.

Yes, that is exactly what I was wondering! I thought it was because the rewards were accumulating, so I was confused when only $2 was deducted the following renewal date

appledms95

@SD08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@appledms95 wrote:

Are awards you recieved from previous months added on to the current plan renewal? For example if I earned $2 last month and $2 this month, would the renewal cost for a $60 plan be $56 or would only the rewards you recieved that month be counted on, so $58? 

$58. Your previous $2 would have already been used for the previous (current) renewal.

Yes, but that's assuming the plan is a 30-day plan.  If it's a 90-day plan (which the OP does not rule out), all the rewards accumulated in the 90 days before the renewal will be used toward the renewal payment.  However, in the OP's example, there is currently only one possible 90-day plan that costs $60: province-wide talk, no text, no data.

Yes i should have been more specific instead of making up an example. I was wondering about the 30-day plan, but it makes sense that if you are on the 90 day plan that the rewards you collect in those 3 months are used on your next renewal date. Thank you for your help!

appledms95

@popping wrote:

@appledms95 wrote:

If you activate your new plan with autopay, you will get the $2 autopay reward wint 72 hours after activation.  It is shown as $2 available fund which can be used to pay your next renewal.  You will get another $2 autopay reward at your next renewal date.  On your next renewal date, you will be paying $56+tax.

Yes I did see that, Ii was just wondering if it was a one time thing having both since there was a reward for signing up and then the reward for the month

appledms95

@Anonymous wrote:

@appledms95 wrote:

Okay, thank you!! Too bad it doesn't carry over 😛

But why? You earn the reward. It deducts off your plan cost. And you earn the reward again for the next renewal.

You could be earning rewards from 4 different sources here that depending on how you use them could get you quite the reduction off your plan cost each renewal.

The easy $2 autopay. All the referrals you want for a buck each. Do some serious participation here and that can get you up to $15. And a buck for each year you stay (I think up to 5).

It was just a little joke, but you are right. There are enough opportunities to get rewards so I can save up quite a bit!

appledms95

Thank you all! I am new to this community so your help is appreciated!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@appledms95, as everyone on this thread has provided their response, it would be helpful if you let us know your precise scenario, just so we're certain that our response applies.  

In general, regardless of 30 day or 90 day plan (let's say i'm on a 90 day and next payment is January 31), any rewards I earn between October 31 (my last payment), and January 31 (my next payment), will be included as a credit in my Jan 31 payment.  So if I'm on autopay, it gives me $2 off each month (so that would be $6 off my payment on Jan 31).  For community rewards, lets say I earned $10 for my January contributions, this won't be included in my credit payment on Jan 31 because I wouldn't know and get my credit until February.  Community Reward credits that would apply for Jan 31 would be the months of Oct/Nov/Dec (if on a 90 day plan).  January rewards would be applied to the next 90 day payment cycle (i.e. April). 

Hopefully one of the scenarios provided by everyone in this thread is the right one to your question.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

If you activate your new plan with autopay, you will get the $2 autopay reward wint 72 hours after activation.  It is shown as $2 available fund which can be used to pay your next renewal.  You will get another $2 autopay reward at your next renewal date.  On your next renewal date, you will be paying $56+tax.

Right. I forgot about that. The OP didn't indicate he was a new customer though. But I suppose he could have been.

So @appledms95: Were you wondering why you saw $2 and then another $2 was deducted at your first renewal? And so yes that only happens once on new activations. Thereafter, you'll just get the $2.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@appledms95 wrote:

$58. Your previous $2 would have already been used for the previous (current) renewal.

Yes, but that's assuming the plan is a 30-day plan.  If it's a 90-day plan (which the OP does not rule out), all the rewards accumulated in the 90 days before the renewal will be used toward the renewal payment.  However, in the OP's example, there is currently only one possible 90-day plan that costs $60: province-wide talk, no text, no data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@appledms95 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@appledms95 wrote:

But why? You earn the reward. It deducts off your plan cost. And you earn the reward again for the next renewal.

You could be earning rewards from 4 different sources here that depending on how you use them could get you quite the reduction off your plan cost each renewal.

The easy $2 autopay. All the referrals you want for a buck each. Do some serious participation here and that can get you up to $15. And a buck for each year you stay (I think up to 5).

appledms95

Anonymous
Not applicable

@appledms95 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.