cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial port of number

np10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Speakout phone service & PM phone service. Last Saturday I ported the number from Speakout service to my PM service. The ported number is showing in my PM account. The problem is that phone calls & text are still going to Speakout, not PM. However texts from Koodo & other PM accounts are received on my PM phone. In other words the phone number is active on both Speakout & PM. I have messaged the Moderator_Team twice but have received no reply. I am presently using the 2 phones.

Are there any suggestions how to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@np10 

Read my post on how to port a Speakout number to PM.  I ported my SO number to PM in 4 hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

If you have not provided the info detailed in my post, please send them to moderator ASAP.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like your port didn't complete or it's stuck could take a couple hours. Try restarting your phone and then check your network setting.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@np10 wrote:

I have a Speakout phone service & PM phone service. Last Saturday I ported the number from Speakout service to my PM service. The ported number is showing in my PM account. The problem is that phone calls & text are still going to Speakout, not PM. However texts from Koodo & other PM accounts are received on my PM phone. In other words the phone number is active on both Speakout & PM. I have messaged the Moderator_Team twice but have received no reply. I am presently using the 2 phones.

Are there any suggestions how to resolve this?

@np10  What you are describing is normal. Porting is a two step process. Once you initiate the port Public Mobile sets up that number that is why you can call out and receive calls and texts from other PM, Koodo and Telus members. The second step is for Speakout to release the number. In your case that hasn't happened because your Speakout SIM is still working. I know that when porting from Speakout they don't use account numbers so you need to use the PIN number along with the name and the phone number.

If you started the port on Saturday maybe the port is stuck so wait for the moderators to respond back. Until then you can continue to use the Speakout until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port is complete.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@np10 Moderators will be replied within 2 days from your requests. 

Normally once the porting is completed, you will receieve a text from PM. It usually takes it up to 2 days to get porting from cellular carrier. If you get it on Sunday, maybe by the end of today, your porting will be done. 

Need Help? Let's chat.