cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Port

rndmsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi everyone,

I tried porting my number from Fido late yesterday evening. After a few attempts the port seemed to have complete. I got a success message after waiting a while after clicking the Submit button on the form.

However, I can't seem to get any incoming calls or text messages to my number. Oddly enough I did get a text message from a (400) 500-0205 number early this morning stating that I need to fill out a form on the Contact Us form to complete my port.

I haven't (yet) come across a thread that mentioned a similar text message.

I have however read that this situation (not being able to receive calls or text messages) should be somewhat expected in some cases. Seeing as to how it's almost been 24 hours, should I contact a mod for further assistance?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
8 REPLIES 8

rndmsh
Thanks @Rockdaddt22. I'm hoping so as well.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Hopefully someone will be in at around 9am Hopefully we can get the port done today.

rndmsh
Any mods available to help? @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ?

rndmsh
Up

rndmsh
Anyone? @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ? Going on 9 days now with no replies from any mod. 😕

rndmsh
Still no reply from mods. I've messaged @Shazia_K a couple of times but no replies. I know they're super busy trying to help others who came before me. Good news for me is that my old SIM still seems to be fully working.

Called Fido today and they said they don't even have a port request from any other provider on file for my phone number. So, not sure exactly why my PM SIM card says it has my number already associated to it (according to phone settings info).

Is it possible for me to just "cancel" whatever porting is pending and go back to a PM phone number for my PM SIM?

rndmsh
Thanks @NDesai.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear your number didn't port over completely. 

Yes, contact one of the mod with details posted here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.