cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Activation and SIM card now invalid

Zissou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to set up a plan and activate a SIM for my sister and it didn't go through and now it says the sim number isn't available and the email can't be used.  Can I get this undone?

11 REPLIES 11

@Zissou  Dont forget to enter your referral code!

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you have to wait a bit and re-enter the SIM card number. I got the same message when I joined public mobile. Good Luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Zissou wrote:

I tried to set up a plan and activate a SIM for my sister and it didn't go through and now it says the sim number isn't available and the email can't be used.  Can I get this undone?

@Zissou  Try inserting the card into the device. Does it connect to Public's network? If yes, try accessing your selfserve account. If you can't access it then click here to register your selfserve account.

If none of the above work then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zissou wrote:

If you have not reach the payment step, your SIM card was not activated yet.  Wait for an hour for PM server to remove your SIM card from your previous activation session and try your activation again.  You can also put you SIM card in your phone to determine whether it locks to "Public Mobile" network.

Welcome to PM.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Zissou wrote:

You may need to try and wait a few hours and try again, you may have been locked out. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Zissou wrote:

Hi @Zissou ,

If the activation did not go through the Simcard gets  Locked for 50 minutes. You will have to retry to activate it after an hour I would suggest. Make sure you clear your browsing history/clear cache. Also to try with from an incognito browser/google-chrome before you try again.

Make sure you do not use the SAME email address for your sister's account.
Each account must use a different email address.

Wait the 50 mins out and you should have no problem activating it.

Cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Zissou The session time was finished. Wait for 1 or better 2 hours and try again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Zissou , did you get to the payment step?  If payment was taken, then you need to seek moderator team assistance to address the incomplete activation.  If payment was not taken, then the SIM card is session locked for about one hour.  Wait it out, clear browser cache and give it another try.  Good luck.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zissou wrote:

Check to see if you paid for it. Check to see if the SIM works now anyway.

If neither then wait about an hour and try again.

The email needs to be a new unique address just in case you're trying one that has already been used here.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Zissou wrote:

Contact a moderator for assistance:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.