cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid first month, still no contact from Mod Team, still no service.

tylerwilcox16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello again! I began paying for a plan about 2 days ago and received a text telling me that there was a problem with the transfer process and I was eventually directed to here, and told to contact the Mod team. I have done that, and I am still waiting on them. Is there a time frame I can expect them to respond in? The money has come out of my bank and I am not getting anything.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

C-L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe that you cannot port your old number after you cancelled your old plan. When you cancelled your old plan that would cancel  your old  number. You have to Port before you cancel the old account.

@tylerwilcox16 wrote:

I don't mind waiting too long, as long as I get my days that I missed credited back to my account... I'd rather not pay for 3-4 days of a phone I am not using.

The thing about my old number is that I cancelled my plan with Bell Aliant back in February, so I haven't had a plan with them since then. Should my phone number still be able to be transferred or am I wasting my time trying to get it, and should just pick a new number?

Should I give that report as stolen thing a try? I haven't heard of it before and not a clue what it does on the back-end of things to fix anything.

@tylerwilcox16 Best to wait for the moderators response at this point. Not sure about Bell Aliant but it has been stated here many times that only Koodo and PM do not allow you to port your number out if your account is inactive. My understanding is that Rogers and Bell will allow you to port out up to 180 days after your account has been inactive. So be patient and the PM moderator will respond. 

As for the Lost/Stolen trick don't bother it will not resolve your problem and furthermore it has been reported that one of the side effects of using it might be causing some customer's rewards to go missing.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately you're gone about porting a number the wrong way. Your account must still be active with your orginal provider and you DO NOT contact them. You port the number over to PM and your orginal account will be closed automatically. Now you will need to pick a new number. No worries, we all make mistakes.

Cheers

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tylerwilcox16 wrote:

I don't mind waiting too long, as long as I get my days that I missed credited back to my account... I'd rather not pay for 3-4 days of a phone I am not using.

The thing about my old number is that I cancelled my plan with Bell Aliant back in February, so I haven't had a plan with them since then. Should my phone number still be able to be transferred or am I wasting my time trying to get it, and should just pick a new number?

Should I give that report as stolen thing a try? I haven't heard of it before and not a clue what it does on the back-end of things to fix anything.

Are you Serious?   How can you transfer a number that you no longer own?  If something is no longer yours how can you claim ownership of it? 

@tylerwilcox16 wrote:

You can't transfer Bell Aliant number to PM since you cancelled your plan before you transferred. If you do want transfer Bell Aliant number to PM you have to reactivate your plan with Bell Aliant otherwise you can only pick up new number with PM. 

tylerwilcox16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@tylerwilcox16 They have been busy so it could take a couple of days, if they haven't responded by Wednesday you should send them another message.

Does your old providers SIM still work? Check your phone on http://willmyphonework.net/ and make sure it's compatible.

Have you tried going into your self-serve account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found then restart your phone?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes 48 - 72 hours for a response.  It could take longer depending on workload  or network/service issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.