cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid almost double for one month of service

lake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wasnt aware my plan was expiring on April 22, 2019. They had stopped my service after I had just done Autopay on April 15th.

I selected a new plan but when I tried to enter make effective starting next billing period it wouldnt work. I need my service so I had to enter that they charge me seperately another 36.00 on my credit card. Therefore I have paid almost double for a month's service. Can you help me with this?  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

lake

Ok thanks!

mcbridemike

contact koodo and tell them you want second payment back or you are filling a complaint with the CCTS.

You will get answer asap

@lake wrote:

Dont  get any of what you said. Another MOD said I had a credit on my account but I don't get how that would work as in me getting the money back. I pay using Autopay.

@lakeThe way it works is on your next renewal date if you have money in your account that will cover the renewal those funds ill be used instead of AutoPay.

Note You will still get your AutoPay reward of $2.00.

lake

Dont  get any of what you said. Another MOD said I had a credit on my account but I don't get how that would work as in me getting the money back. I pay using Autopay.

For anyone looking at this post in order to avoid these types of issues in the future here are a couple of pointers:

1. Setup AutoPay to take advantage of the $2.00 (30 day) reward but do not rely on it. Two days before you plan is set to expire make a manual onetime payment using the credit card on file via selfserve or on your phone by calling 611to ensure that you have enough funds in yur account to cover the renewal.
  2. Make sure that the Payment due date (Top left) is the same date as the AutoPay due date (Bottom Left) on the initial selfserve page. If it's not contact the Moderator Team and ask them to sync them.

Moderator Team link: 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@lakeThere have been problems with account renewals recently. If you do an immediate plan change you have to pay the full cost of the new plan, even if you just renewed the old one. You will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The moderators are very busy right now so it may take a few days for them to respond.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lake wrote:

I wasnt aware my plan was expiring on April 22, 2019. They had stopped my service after I had just done Autopay on April 15th.

I selected a new plan but when I tried to enter make effective starting next billing period it wouldnt work. I need my service so I had to enter that they charge me seperately another 36.00 on my credit card. Therefore I have paid almost double for a month's service. Can you help me with this?  Thanks!

So your plan did not get renewed after autopay? Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time). You cannot select a new plan during suspension.

Also, PM is a prepaid service which means whatever you've paid is gone. Refund is hardly possible but you can still try.

You could try this at your own risk.

Need Help? Let's chat.