cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package opened

Sgullies13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received my SIM card via Canada Post and the whole bottom of the envelope was ripped off. Can anyone confirm if there was anything else in the envelope with the SIM card, such as letters or personal information? 

15 REPLIES 15

I ordered two more SIM cards from Public Mobile (here) a while back. When they were $5 each (plus tax). They arrived through Canada Post after about 5 days. And they've been sitting in my PO box for about a month. Or is it two months now? Oops.

A sealed Public Mobile envelope which contained two of the unsealed foldout cardboards which each contained a SIM card.

(I opened things for this display photo. Low image quality is intentional.)

IMG_20200901_193054.jpg

Other online vendors might use different packaging and different shipping.

@Sgullies13 

As long as it's postmarked they can back track it.....

Sgullies13

I was planning on doing that as well, however the envelope it was sent in doesn’t have any information stating where it was sent from, also no tracking number. I will be calling my local mail delivery.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sgullies13 

You should report the tampering of your mail to Canada Post. It's uncommon but they do take it seriously and will investigate the matter.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My neighbour have on a trip from public mobile I was there when they picked up the mail it came like @RosieR did. It came in a medium sized envelope with public mobile's logo and design on it and inside the card with the SIM card.

@pmw Canadian Cell Supplies can ship however they choose, and what they do isn't representitive of how Public Mobile themselves ship.

Gblackma,

Public Mobile sim cards are not sealed in any way. There is also nothing hiding the sim card number once removed from the mailing envelope.

The sim card shipments do not come shipped with any paperwork. This envelope probably got delivered to a neighbor by mistake who opened it to see what was inside not realzing that it belonged to someone else. The person would have then brought it over or gave it back to Canada Post.

As for the sim card number, it either works or doesn't.  Just by looking at one sim card number, I could easily guess a whole bunch of others.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Sgullies13 wrote:

I just received my SIM card via Canada Post and the whole bottom of the envelope was ripped off. Can anyone confirm if there was anything else in the envelope with the SIM card, such as letters or personal information? 

Hi @Sgullies13 I received my sim card in a very pretty aqua envelope with PM logo with a lovely drawing in the back showing a sim card flying.  Inside was a green PM SIM card holder saying how to activate card, with SIM card inside.  That's it.  

Welcome to PM and the Community.  Cheers!  

pmw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered sim card from amazon( actually shipped from canadiancellsupplies), only sim card inside nothing else.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

Now that I think about it, the perforated version of the brochure was years ago. The package was itself the mailing envelope, they'd just slap an address sticker and a stamp onto it.

@Korth When I received mine from Public Mobile this spring is was just the cardboard package the SIM is in, sealed with the address sticker like you mention above.

Now that I think about it, the perforated version of the brochure was years ago. The package was itself the mailing envelope, they'd just slap an address sticker and a stamp onto it.

All the PM SIM cards I've received in the last couple years have been the unsealed brochure style. Inside another generic-looking postal envelope. I'm guessing PM did this to conceal the contents, maybe SIM cards got stolen from the mail too often.

@Sgullies13 in mine there was  2 SIM cards and  I think the invoice. @Jb456 , @computergeek541 could you confirm this? Thanks.

It should arrive in a postal envelope, which is sealed. Containing the little paper foldout brochure thing, which is unsealed, which itself contains the card-sized SIM card plastic. Sometimes the brochure is all sealed up on opposite sides with those tear-off perforation things. Sometimes it's not (just smoothly cut edges, not already torn open).

The only thing which matter is whether the SIM card has been tampered with or if it's unique number has been copied. All the other contents are junk paper. If you think the SIM may have been compromised then you can contact the mods to ask for a replacement to be sent (or for a refund credit to account which will pay for a replacement) - if they agree then they will of course permanently deactivate the questionable SIM.

Sgullies13

direct from Public Mobile

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sgullies13 where did you order the SIM card from? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.