cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK help

jenner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

I am looking for help obtaining a PUK code to unlock my phone.I have contacted the team with no response. Can someone please explain the best way to get my concern addressed?

Thanks,

Jenn

13 REPLIES 13

@mycall46 Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mycall46  you should remove your info from a public forum by clicking on the 3 dots to the right.  Then click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and ask for help with the puk code there

mycall46

sim puk code

Hi , my sim is locked for xxxxxxxxxxxxx, it is asking my puk my email is xxxxxxxxxxx my back up phone is xxxxxxxx, and   set up  automatic payments by credit card.

Edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

Just a FYI.  

The day Canadians have long been waiting for has finally arrived—the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has announced a ban on locked cellphones and unlocking fees for individual and business wireless service customers.

Starting December 1, 2017, wireless customers will be able to have their smartphones unlocked free of charge upon request from their provider, while new devices must be provided unlocked.

jenner

Wow... I learned more about the world of cell phones and SIM card than I ever wanted. Thank you for your help, you gave me the idea to search up my specific phone and with a little research and recovered patience I was able to get in touch with Rogers (with my IMEI number) and get the network unlocked. Please be aware there are many sites willing to charge for this service however if you call your old provider they have to unlock your phone at no charge (if your account is in good standing). Relief!

@jenner wrote:

When i put my SIM card in I get a prompt to enter my "SIM network unlock PIN"

@jenner  Unfortunately the moderator will not be able to help you or provide you with the proper code. You need to get that code from your previous provider. Where did you purchase the phone from?

@jenner 

Your phone is locked to previous carrier.  You will need to contact them to get unlock code.  

jenner

When i put my SIM card in I get a prompt to enter my "SIM network unlock PIN"

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you use another service provider ?  If so then you may need to contact them.

@jenner 

What is the exact message that is showing for your phone?

Is it possible that your phone is locked to previous carrier?  You will need to call your previous carrier and get the unlock pin from them.  It is a free service these days in Canada.  

jenner

My phone is a Sony Xperia. I have obtained my IMEI number however this does not work as my SIM netowk pin.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jenner 

Moderator wait times are up to 2 days, occasionally longer.  

If your phone is Samsung, some "PUK" codes can be obtained from calling or live chat with Samsung directly.  However, most PUK codes need moderator help.  

Here is some more information on PUK from another thread:

1. SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
    - This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
    - This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
    • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If it is has been more then 48 hours then try contaciting the moderators again.  What brand and model of phone do you have ?

Need Help? Let's chat.