cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code

catzmiao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't understand what the password for the sim was and entered the wrong number in and now it's asking for a PUK code?  How do I get this?

59 REPLIES 59

@Neilkler wrote:

Hi i nwedd a puk code i entered sim code wrong plss email me back

Public Mobile does not provide customer service over e-mail.  As for your request for a PUK code, what message does it say on your phone? 

Does it say that you need SIM Network Unlock PUK or that a SIM Network Unlock PIN is blocked?  If it does, that means your phone is locked to another carrier.  You would need to contact the original carrier of your phone for help to get both of those codes.

If you're asking for the security PUK for your SIM card because you've entered the SIM card's PIN too many times, you'll need to ask a moderator for that. Click the chatbot icon in the bottom righthand corner of the screen to open a ticket.

Neilkler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i nwedd a puk code i entered sim code wrong plss email me back

Sweetcheeks

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

Sweetcheeks

Please I need my puk code asap kids n no phone locked out 

Albz

We had the same problem. 

We had to contact the manufacturer of our phone that we have the simcard in it. For example Samsung. They could tell me both the unlock code and PUK code. 

@Terra wrote:

It was locked to Rogers and when I spoke to them they gave me a code

it didn't work and they said I need to contact public mobile

It's not that your phone was locked to Rogers. It currently is locked to Rogers.  In adddition, the suggestion by Rogers to contact Public Mobile about this is terrible.  Public Mobile cannot help you.

The code that you Rogers gave you probably is the SIM Network Unlock PIN as mentioned in the message immediately before mine. However, that cannot be used when you have been locked out from using that. That happens when someone guesses and tries a few times incorrrectly.

You need the SIM Network Unlock PUK. Call Rogers back and do not take no for an answer. To avoid confusion, I would not saying anything about "PUK".  Say somethng such as "master unlock code". This code needs to be used before the regular unlocking code will be accepted by the phone. 

You'll need both of those codes to unlock the phone.

If Rogers can't help you , contact Samsung Canada.  They should be able to provide both codes for you as well. 

@Terra wrote:

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK ???????

@Terra 

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.  You can phone or live chat Samsung for this code.  

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

Terra

And s7

Terra

It was locked to Rogers and when I spoke to them they gave me a code

it didn't work and they said I need to contact public mobile

Terra

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK ???????

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

N/A

wikygirl00

Hey you need to contact Moderator_Team in order to get a puk code 

@Terra wrote:

I need a puk code

Read the message just before yours. What makes you think you need a PUK code ? What kinda phone ?

@Terra wrote:

I need a puk code

@Terra 

Which exact message is your phone showing?  There are different "PUK" codes that may be needed.  

Can you describe your particular situation?  What exactly happened requiring you to need this code?  New customer?  Ported number?  More details might help us determine who can help.

@TerraCan you elaborate what situation you are in? How many digits is the puk code? What is the exact message? and what model of phone are you using? There are a few puk codes, some require moderators (eg if you have entered a wrong code too many times).. or it requires your previous provider eg network unlock. which Public Mobile can't help you with.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Forthebros1990 wrote:

I need help getting a puk code asap 

What is the exact message you're getting asking for it?

It might be that you could get one from Samsung if you have a Samsung phone.

Or you might need to get a code from your previous provider.

So it's important to know which exact message it's giving.

And again...

Terra

I need a puk code

Terra

Looking for a puk code

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Forthebros1990 wrote:

What is the exact message you're getting asking for it?

It might be that you could get one from Samsung if you have a Samsung phone.

Or you might need to get a code from your previous provider.

So it's important to know which exact message it's giving.

Forthebros1990

@Kacey913 wrote:

Hi my # is    my sim is locked and its asking for a puk code 

A sim cards PUK can only be given to you by a Public Mobile moderator.  You can contact them through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kacey913

Hi my # is    my sim is locked and its asking for a puk code 

edited by computergeek541 to remove phone number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@438345184 wrote:

Need my puk 

Thanks Luddite. Re-reading that, the post wasn't thinking of the fact that the OP had said they set their own pin.

To this OP, if your phone is a Samsung then they might be able to get you going. Might 🙂

While you wait for the mods.

@438345184 Info was already in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/PUK-code/m-p/314885/highlight/true#M5...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@438345184 wrote:

Need my puk 

You need to reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and ask them for your puk for your Sim card. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need my puk 

Barbiejo123

Desperately seeking a PUK code!

I cannot seem to get response from Community, I feel very frustrated and stuck without a phone number to call,. Barn

Anonymous
Not applicable

@_Ahmad_ wrote:
Hello, Today in the morning I went on my iPhone 5s and went to cellular then went to "SIM PIN" thinking that it would protect my sim card and I put in the 4 digit password that I use for my phone. Then on the top left, I see " Locked SIM", I then tried to call someone and it said "call failed" after it said "Enter PUK" "your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code. Please help

Try 1234 or 0000. Just once each. Don't bang away trying a bunch of numbers.

Otherwise you'll need moderator assistance unfortunately. But there was some hint earlier today that maybe their waits are shorter currently.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

_Ahmad_

My phone is an iPhone 5s 16GB

Need Help? Let's chat.