Did you mean: 

PUK code

mzavagno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am in need of a puk code please.

7 REPLIES 7

@Triguy wrote:

What brand of phone do you have ?  If it is a Samsung, you could contact them.  Otherwise you can contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It's  not really about whether the phone is made by Samsung or not.  Any brand of phone can need codes to be unlocked.

The sim card's security PUK is  not the same thing as a master code/sim network unlock puk.

One of them cannot by provided by Samsung (or any device manufactuter), while the other cannot be provided by Public Mobile.

Nathan08

As previously mentioned, if you have a Samsung, it is easier to contact Samsung Canada (can do so by chat on their website) to get their master code.  I had issues with my PUK when I signed up... nothing seemed to work.  Five minutes on the phone with Samsung and everything was fixed.

mzavagno

Thank you. Calling my previous carrier.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mzavagno 

Which message are you getting from your phone?

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
    • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
  1. Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What brand of phone do you have ?  If it is a Samsung, you could contact them.  Otherwise you can contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @mzavagno , is your phone locked to your previous carrier? If so, you would need to contact them to get the PUK code in order to unlock your phone free of charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.