cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code required, no response from moderators?

crwes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I recently got public mobile and was inserting my sim, it was asking for a code, I thought this was my PIN, but now it is asking to Enter Sim Netowk PUK code?  I messaged the moderators a couple days ago, but have no response yet.  Does anybody know the PUK code?

13 REPLIES 13

crwes

Resolved!

In case anyone runs into this in the future, I contacted Samsung directly, and they gave me the master unlock code (MCK) and that solved the issue.

Thanks for all the input.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First you should borrow a PulicMobile, Bell, Virgin, Telus, etc. SIM from a friend and unlock your phone with Fido network unlock code. Be careful, with most phone, you only have 10 times to enter the network unlock code before the phone is “permanently locked”.

Phone "permanently locked" https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Phone-quot-permanently-locked-quot-af...

As you've already noticed..they are extremely busy lately. After 48 hours ...resend one more message.

Good luck.

crwes

@hairbag1 wrote:

What is a PUK and where do I find it?

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, you will need to contact the Public Mobile Community Moderator Team here. You will need to create and/or be logged in to your Community account for this link to work.

Thanks, I've contacted them but have gotten no response yet unfortunately.

How long do you typically have to wait for a response? It's been a couple days now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crwes wrote:

Yes I feel the same way 🙂  I was hoping to hear from the moderators already, it's been a couple days.

Alternately I could try buying a new SIM card I suppose.

It's a samsung S7.

There's a chance they might have a code to break through this problem. Worth a try I think.

I'm not sure if your phone now thinks it's locked whrther a new SIM would work.

crwes

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

Hello, I recently got public mobile and was inserting my sim, it was asking for a code, I thought this was my PIN, but now it is asking to Enter Sim Netowk PUK code?  I messaged the moderators a couple days ago, but have no response yet.  Does anybody know the PUK code?

You need to go to the previous provider for an unlock code. If it's a Samsung phone then they have a useful system to provide you a code.

I have the device unlock code, but isn't the PUK code for the sim card?

I believe I entered my public mobile pin too many times, now I've found out the default sim code is 1234.

Your mention of network points to the phone being still locked from the previous provider. It is understandably confusing all these different terms that run over each other from different companies.

By now though, you might have used up all the chances to enter the unlock code. But try turning off the phone, removing SIM, turn on phone, turn off phone, install SIM, turn on phone...hopefully it asks for the code, enter the one you say you got and hopefully it'll unlock.

That code is never your account PIN.

Yeah, I contacted fido already, and they gave me the device network unlock code, but the sim card is now locked from trying my pin 3 times, before I realized the default code is 1234.

Fido said the PUK code is only available from my currect provider. (PM)

I'll step away from this as my head is about to explode 🙂

I'm thinking you do need the moderators then. The first thing it asked for was the unlock code. You didn't do that. Here you are.

Is it a Samsung?

Yes I feel the same way 🙂  I was hoping to hear from the moderators already, it's been a couple days.

Alternately I could try buying a new SIM card I suppose.

It's a samsung S7.

What is a PUK and where do I find it?

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, you will need to contact the Public Mobile Community Moderator Team here. You will need to create and/or be logged in to your Community account for this link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crwes wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

You need to go to the previous provider for an unlock code. If it's a Samsung phone then they have a useful system to provide you a code.

I believe I entered my public mobile pin too many times, now I've found out the default sim code is 1234.

Your mention of network points to the phone being still locked from the previous provider. It is understandably confusing all these different terms that run over each other from different companies.

By now though, you might have used up all the chances to enter the unlock code. But try turning off the phone, removing SIM, turn on phone, turn off phone, install SIM, turn on phone...hopefully it asks for the code, enter the one you say you got and hopefully it'll unlock.

Yeah, I contacted fido already, and they gave me the device network unlock code, but the sim card is now locked from trying my pin 3 times, before I realized the default code is 1234.

I'll step away from this as my head is about to explode 🙂

I'm thinking you do need the moderators then. The first thing it asked for was the unlock code. You didn't do that. Here you are.

Is it a Samsung?

crwes

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crwes wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

crwes

@Anonymous wrote:

@crwes wrote:

RossN
Mayor / Maire

As stated above it is asking for your old provider to unlock your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crwes wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.