cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code needed ASAP please.

yymczdj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First time user here and got my SIM from Amazon. When I insert the SIM card in, it says, PUK code needed. I put the PUK code from previouse carrier and ended with error. Then I tried the PIN I set up when I registered online, error again. So what exactly code it asked for? Thanks guys.

14 REPLIES 14

Sbailey67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I just had this problem.  If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone you will have to call Samsung and get the unlock code otherwise the phone is still locked to your old provider and will not work 

yymczdj

Thank you for your help! It's working now.

yymczdj

Thank you for your help! It's working now.😀

yymczdj

Thank you for your help! It's working now. 

yymczdj

Thank you for your help!

You will need to contact Samsung for the PUK code.

@yymczdj wrote:

Thank you for your help. It is Samsung A5. After I ring in the PUK code I got from Virgin Mobile, the screen says: 

"SIM network PIN blocked

Enter SIM network PUK"

I am so lost.

This means that your phone is locked to Bell.  There's no need to contact Public Moderator's about this because they can't help with this.  

The SIM Network Unlock PUK is a master code to re-allow carrier unlocking your device. It also means that someone has tried unsucessfully to guess the unlock code (which would pretty much be impossible to do).

The SIM Network Unlock PUK will be needed first. You can get that from Samsung.

After the above code is accepted, you will neeed the SIM Network Unlock PIN.  Yiu can get this code from either Samsung or Virgin. Only after entering this code correctly will your device be unlocked and will you be able to use it at Public Mobile.

@yymczdj wrote:

Thank you for your help. It is Samsung A5. After I ring in the PUK code I got from Virgin Mobile, the screen says: 

"SIM network PIN blocked

Enter SIM network PUK"

I am so lost.

@yymczdj 
You need to get that code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

yymczdj

"SIM network PIN blocked

Enter SIM network PUK"

I am so lost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yymczdj wrote:

Thank you for your info. Yes, my previous carrier emailed me the code. And I insert the code, but it's not working. I have to say I have tried at least half dozen times. 

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Are you able to tell us the exact message the phone is giving you?

yymczdj

Thank you for your info. Yes, my previous carrier emailed me the code. And I insert the code, but it's not working. I have to say I have tried at least half dozen times. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It might be that your phone is locked to it's previous phone company, which would explain why when you put in a sim card from Public or any other phone company it'll ask for an unlock code. This happens lots when I help others switch to Public, then I have to call their old phone company to get code, especially if someone has a used phone or old phone they got from friend - that phone is usually locked.

So find out which company your phone was originally with, then call that company and tell them to give you code - this is free. If you want you can also use online unlock services that will charge you $.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yymczdj wrote:

First time user here and got my SIM from Amazon. When I insert the SIM card in, it says, PUK code needed. I put the PUK code from previouse carrier and ended with error. Then I tried the PIN I set up when I registered online, error again. So what exactly code it asked for? Thanks guys.

What exact message is the phone showing?

Need Help? Let's chat.