cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luddite
Oracle

Re: PROMO PLAN: Getting the most out of it

@daredogg Unless they have a second phone and can follow along with instructions, it is almost impossible to help them by phone. I have a similar problem with my sister but she can now follow emailed directions like: go to Settings >> Phone >> etc. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg why aren't your parents using FaceTime with your sister  🙂
Tomuchwork
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Funny enough I too use this setup.

I have two phone #'s I use. One for home which was on Koodo now ported to PM. and one that was on Wind, since ported to Fongo because I switched to Fido's 3GB-$15 plan.

For the fongo/fido setup. The port took about 2 days and the service works flawlessly. No problems making hour long calls and using texting mind you, you have to pay them 2 bux a month for texting... no problem.

As for PM minus the call time limitations it's been rock solid. And I installed Fongo there as well (both iPhones btw) for the odd time I need to call out of province. Works really well for me.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Rockdaddy22 probably because she's in China? Folks aren't calling her directly, but I wonder if FT even works if they did. I now text her directly (since joining PM), but she doesn't have int'l texting to reply, so we instead use WhatsApp.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite when I have to help my mom with her computer, I take control of it using join.me. A lot easier to do it this way, plus it's free. Too bad you couldn't do the same with cellphones... but maybe you can already and I'm just not aware.

Rockdaddy22

Does FaceTime not work in China or something lol I've heard FaceTime isn't offered in some Arab countries. It would be a lot better than skype and a lot easier for your parent 🙂 You can also use FaceTime audio, just like a phone call (voip)
daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Yeah @Rockdaddy22 haven't really tested it, so I don't know. She's in Shanghai working at a school there, and this place is one of the more progressive ones, so I'm thinking yes it'll work, but internationally, someone would have to pay the minutes. I will try it when I add the LD add-on next month (for calling at Christmas).

Rockdaddy22

FaceTime uses wifi or data not minutes
Need Help? Let's chat.