cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM AFTER ACTIVATION

KULA05_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ANYBODY CALLS ON MY NUMBER IT SAYS LONG DISTANCE CHARGES MAY APPLY TO CALL ON THIS NUMBER (IN SURREY).MY PLAN IS OF $25.

4 REPLIES 4

Renae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any number that is long distance or not in your area will say this when you dial out of your plan includes Canada wide calling you will not be charged extra. Just put a 1 in front of the area code when dialing and adding contacts and the message will not play when dialing out. 

Vetiver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Other than the annoyance of listening to the automated message this shouldn't be an issue. If you and the caller are both in Surrey and you both have Surrey numbers then neither of you will be charged. You get nationwide calling as part of every package do you will not be charged calling long distance. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KULA05_ wrote:

ANYBODY CALLS ON MY NUMBER IT SAYS LONG DISTANCE CHARGES MAY APPLY TO CALL ON THIS NUMBER (IN SURREY).MY PLAN IS OF $25.

If anyone that is calling you and you have a Vancouver Number they may be billed long distance unless they have Canada Wide Calling. When someone is calling you it's there issue if a call is long distance. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KULA05_, please try adding 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number.  Ignore any warnings about long distance charges as there are none for the plan that you have. 

Need Help? Let's chat.